Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dungeons and Dragons : Shadow Over Mystara

VGE

Recently was able to score a decently priced B board, so I can finally sell my Saturn compilation off.

This was MY 90's game. Came to my local arcade in the 90's and stole all my spare money for a solid month!

When I decided to do a series on the CPS 2, this was the first game that came to mind that I wanted to cover. One day I want to source an original cab and have an OG DnD setup for my game room. Unfortunately space is at a zero right now so that'll have to wait or else my wife might leave me :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Recently was able to score a decently priced B board, so I can finally sell my Saturn compilation off.

This was MY 90's game. Came to my local arcade in the 90's and stole all my spare money for a solid month!

When I decided to do a series on the CPS 2, this was the first game that came to mind that I wanted to cover. One day I want to source an original cab and have an OG DnD setup for my game room. Unfortunately space is at a zero right now so that'll have to wait or else my wife might leave me :cool:

Not sure if you ever got to play the PS3 version but its excellent with 4 player online which includes co-op drop in/drop out. Visually it looks really good too.

You know 5 years ago a thread like this would have attracted 20 odd comments by now. I guess the focus truly is more on Pinball and emulation or Like buttons have made people lazy :p

Or like he said in the video, action/role playing/beat em up games were not very common or popular in Arcades ?

Looks like a cool game though! And a great vid. i'm going to go off and grab it and throw it into my cab :)

4-player arcade versions existed, IIRC.

I like this game but i don't love it. It almost works, but there's something so clunky about the combat when tacked onto the RPG mechanic. It's not nearly as fluid for me as most of capcoms others beat 'em ups.

Edited by buttersoft

If anyone's interested: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/475198553202395/

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156542

$1200 just outside of Melbourne. Seller doesn't indicate whether the four-player from the NBA Jam panel works on the D&D though (I'm not familiar with CPS2 stuff).

Oh man I haven't seen a dedicated cab (or a conversion like this) in a long time. Wish it wasnt in AUS

• 1 month later...

I finally managed to buy the Saturn game on a trip to Japan in 2010, when the used market was at an all time low.... damn I wish I could go back! I do own both Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara CPS2 boards now, too. I would never sell my Saturn game though!

I think it was ¥5000 in 2010 from Super Potato in Akiba (if you know that store, that will tell you how low everything was at the time!), I guess it is back to stupid price now. Like everything else. Some games back then were Vampire Killer ¥14,800, Slap Fight MD ¥12,800, Contra Hard Corps ¥7,500 Ristar ¥4,280, Captain Lang ¥3,780, Popful Mail PCE ¥3,280, TFV Saturn ¥3,780, Elevator Action Returns ¥3,890, Ninja Warriors Again 10,980, Ninja Gaiden SFC ¥12,980 and Snow Bros MD for ¥16,980!!... prices now are so insane. There were more PCE games I bought, just can't remember them at the moment. Just wish I bought Battle Mania for ¥3,790 back then and Daiginjou for the stupidly low ¥7,700. *sigh* All these children and their "retrois cool" shit have killed it.

• 1 year later...

OMG, someone else remembers this game! I remember spending all my pocket money on it and then playing non-stop. Thank you for the nostalgia and the cool video!

Now I have no time for computer games, so I have to play D&D on maps. You know, this is also very interesting. Of course, at first, it's hard to remember so much new information. So, in the beginning, I peeked at the spells of my classes on the D&D Guide. Over time, I knew everything by heart.

I strongly advise you to play with your friends. Spend a pleasant and interesting evening! I can be your dungeon master, lol.

Edited by poweeer11
  • Like 2