Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

On a lot of system 11's when you try and remove them they break.

As with any stuck bolt, try tightening and then try undoing. Look at a bolt as a round piece of metal with cuts in it. If you try stretching it, (undoing when the thread is locked), the cuts or threads are the weak points however, when you tighten the bolt, these cuts have no bearing as you are compressing the metal. Once you feel the lock, usually loktite break, start undoing the bolt.

This doesn't just go for pinball bolts but all bolts. It usually saves the bolt's head as well.;)

I have just had a similar issue on Taxi with post bolts shearing.

However they are mixed sizes, there might be a listing in the parts manual.

I found the skinny ones are 6/32 and the bigger fatter posts were 8/32. I ended up just ordering a pile of each :(

When you’re doing another system 11, try a soldering iron on the bolt and t-nut from underneath for a little bit to loosen the lock tight stuff that seems to be on this era of pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer that may work. Nail polish remover would probably be worthy of trying. Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Bad Cats and Taxi were real bad for this that I remember when they were new and in operations so it isn't like the threadlock got harder over time. The Tee nuts were also very capable of spinning when the stud didn't snap.

Thankfully, I doubt any ones that have snapped and been replaced ever got the threadlock treatment again.