Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

1944 / 19XX - two awesome shmups

VGE

[video=youtube;G6mqo-f_YMU]

Who else has had the chance to play these or add them to their collection?

Love them both...maybe love 1944 a bit more, but that's most likely due to the fact I played it in a cab back at my local Brooklyn pizza joint back in the day. 19XX is also awesome, but I've only recently gotten into it. Unfortunately I don't have a dedicated TATE setup, so it's been on my PVM sitting on its side, but still good enough!

Curious what your thoughts are on the series and which you like better?

1944 The Loop Masters has some of the punchiest graphics of any SHMUP. I love the level transitions when you beat a boss, the comic book style boxes that all whack onto the screen. The graphics are really bright and the spritework is outstanding. I really love the game, one of the best horizontal (even though it scrolls vertically) SHMUPS around IMO.

1944 The Loop Masters has some of the punchiest graphics of any SHMUP. I love the level transitions when you beat a boss, the comic book style boxes that all whack onto the screen. The graphics are really bright and the spritework is outstanding. I really love the game, one of the best horizontal (even though it scrolls vertically) SHMUPS around IMO.

The transitions in both games are super stylized and are pretty awesome for sure. 19XX has a great soundtrack as well that sounds awesome through my sound system