Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Apartment game room - Work in progress.

Space is tight but i make it work, Still alot to do but its slowly getting there.

Purely console based setup at the moment, would like to add a cab or two down the track if space allows.

IMG_20190801_131653_057.thumb.jpg.fc98d6c59ddab9f558917f0b08b9e890.jpg

DSC_8963.thumb.jpg.cc2f51a0b393059adfa0e1dec96ff2e1.jpg

DSC_8044.thumb.jpg.febddf04a943f4651dce071652168d78.jpg

Retro corner

2019-09-09_08_57.22_1.thumb.jpg.5d439e7f6ab90230aa363bbf440a0d70.jpg

Consoles

DSC_9032.thumb.jpg.47f654991cbfc9fd0c821e6d9f51338f.jpg

DSC_7858.thumb.jpg.d90378693d4b33e56823c3e423448fe0.jpg

DSC_7703.thumb.jpg.5c859d0447a3141c957c71da87695426.jpg

DSC_7802.thumb.jpg.b1624161fa137fdc598e75a6dfc337cf.jpg

DSC_8971.thumb.jpg.0d3bdd9171ed7b51f619b01d56dcc5f9.jpg

DSC_8609.thumb.jpg.9b2f42fea8c6b95fc6f3bfba4c97b2c7.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]155404[/ATTACH]

Cheers Adam

DSC_8994.thumb.jpg.1ed725d4b374b6257cc8656b745108ae.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice and tidy, clean setup all around.

No old consoles though, are you around 30 or so? I am 37 and my first console was the NES, so that was the first thing I grabbed when I started collecting games.

I see a Megadrive there, was that the console you grew up with? Love the Sony broadcast monitors, are your consoles modded for RGB output? That's something I'd love to do, but have never bothered. I kind of rationalise it with thinking that I played them all in composite as a kid, so no big deal to do it now also. I use S-Video where I can, but haven't had anything modded for RGB.

Very nice and tidy, clean setup all around.

No old consoles though, are you around 30 or so? I am 37 and my first console was the NES, so that was the first thing I grabbed when I started collecting games.

I see a Megadrive there, was that the console you grew up with? Love the Sony broadcast monitors, are your consoles modded for RGB output? That's something I'd love to do, but have never bothered. I kind of rationalise it with thinking that I played them all in composite as a kid, so no big deal to do it now also. I use S-Video where I can, but haven't had anything modded for RGB.

Yeah i have some older consoles (sms2,mega drive, nes, snes etc) the retro corner has been updated since that picture, uploading more pics as i find them on my pc. Nes would be the first console the family owned but i was too young to appreciate it, But yes just turned 30. We did have a mega drive so i have fond memories of that console but spent the most time with the n64 growing up with my Brother.

Yeah the monitors are great and most of the retro consoles outbut rgb natively without mods but i do have a couple modded for s-video sms2, nes, mega drive. I use s-video for all my retro consoles as its so much more cost effective and the image is great to be honest with the image being close enough to rgb. Everything else in the "retro" corner i run through component into the widescreen pvm except for the xbox 360 and dreamcast which i run vga into the crt monitor.

Its still a work in progress and there's still a bunch i like to add/change/expand.

Yeah i have some older consoles (sms2,mega drive, nes, snes etc) the retro corner has been updated since that picture, uploading more pics as i find them on my pc. Nes would be the first console the family owned but i was too young to appreciate it, But yes just turned 30. We did have a mega drive so i have fond memories of that console but spent the most time with the n64 growing up with my Brother.

Yeah the monitors are great and most of the retro consoles outbut rgb natively without mods but i do have a couple modded for s-video sms2, nes, mega drive. I use s-video for all my retro consoles as its so much more cost effective and the image is great to be honest with the image being close enough to rgb. Everything else in the "retro" corner i run through component into the widescreen pvm except for the xbox 360 and dreamcast which i run vga into the crt monitor.

Its still a work in progress and there's still a bunch i like to add/change/expand.

Nice, I wish I had the space for my console setup :( It's all packed up in boxes as I went a bit crazy with arcades and pins instead.

If you're looking to add an arcade cab, I highly recommend a Japanese candy cab. They are compact, sit-down cabs with high quality 29 inch monitors. Great cabs to own if you only have room for one or two.

Nice, I wish I had the space for my console setup :( It's all packed up in boxes as I went a bit crazy with arcades and pins instead.

If you're looking to add an arcade cab, I highly recommend a Japanese candy cab. They are compact, sit-down cabs with high quality 29 inch monitors. Great cabs to own if you only have room for one or two.

Yeah i 100% understand the space constraints, and i will look into the candy cab's they do like sweet and compact. I'll have more space next year when i move into an actual house and i'm really looking forward to that.

Mind you space or not i don't know how many cabs the mrs would let me have in the house haha