Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Installing Pinstadium lights on New Stern, Can't Find Power Socket.

G'day again, managed to install my mirror blades all on my lonesome, but have hit a snag with the pinstadium lights.

Connect the Universal Power (pic below) to the service port of your machine. This is usually located in the bottom of the cabinet by the coin door to the right. If you have a newer Stern machine (Spike 1/Spike2) then it is behind the translite on the lower right side. The plug looks like standard wall outlet.

Well i reckon i've had a pretty good look behind the translight, but without removing covers and unplugging cables i can't find anything that looks remotely like a power point.

Can anyone shed some ....light... for me please?

stern.thumb.jpg.e9d8a1327752b55f0675bec04de2a693.jpg

G'day again, managed to install my mirror blades all on my lonesome, but have hit a snag with the pinstadium lights.

Well i reckon i've had a pretty good look behind the translight, but without removing covers and unplugging cables i can't find anything that looks remotely like a power point.

Can anyone shed some ....light... for me please?

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147763

He he. I see what you did there.

I don't know that hte service socket is installed on Australian machines?

I think it would be the top right of the box in the lower right corner of the backbox, just like the second panel of the picture on pinstadium site says:

instructions_01.png

In your picture it looks like it's covered by a sticker with a lightning bolt on it?

That's not a lightning bolt, it's where i've pulled the tape to bits looking for the power point. If it ain't plug and play i'm not going to be happy with the $400+ dollars i spent.

I'll give pinstadium a chance to fix it first, they are a great company to deal with so far.

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't a service port on Australian machines, I had the same problem.

I ended up plugging it straight into the power board that I plug the machine into.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

So what did you do, drill a hole in the back of the machine to push the plug in? Not real keen on that idea after spending 9k.

Yeah had the same problem. Australian delivered machines don't have the service port enabled so there are 2 options.

1: Run the cable externally with a US to Aus adapter and plug it into the mains. I detached the side of the mesh to take the cable out.

2: Get a cable for the machine to use it's power source. I have one for my WOZ (piggy back) and Munsters (specific cable that plugs into the back - pic below). Wayne at Mr Pinball supplies the machine specific cable as he is the Australian distributor for Pinstadium and I believe the universal adapter comes standard from the US. Also if you mention Head2Head with Wayne he'll give you free shipping!!! #shill

sternport.png.b4c49ebcb09ad756d76a6e914a8bb281.png

That's not a lightning bolt, it's where i've pulled the tape to bits looking for the power point. If it ain't plug and play i'm not going to be happy with the $400+ dollars i spent.

I'll give pinstadium a chance to fix it first, they are a great company to deal with so far.

- - - Updated - - -

So what did you do, drill a hole in the back of the machine to push the plug in? Not real keen on that idea after spending 9k.

I just fed the cable through one of the holes in the bottom of the cab by popping the mesh up slightly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

OP, email Scott the guy you bought these from and he will send you a 3 pin power connector that plugs in the distribution board inside your backbox or do what others have said and that's power it up from ya wall socket but you'll need to purchase a power adaptor to make it work.

- Con

Emailed Scott yesterday, he knew i was in Australia when i ordered so hopefully he can make it right. I ended up just twisting the pins on the us charger with pliers to fit in the AU socket yesterday, worked fine and plugged straight in.

I would have purchased from you if you had the kits listed the way they have them in the US, one click purchase. I found it very difficult to put it together from the descriptions on your site so paid the xtra.

Now i know what all the parts are i'll do so in future. Just some feedback that may help improve your sales to people like me.

- - - Updated - - -

Found an email from Scott at Pinstadium, he says that powering the lights from the machines boards (is that the way you do them @Ballypinball ) can cause issues and some machines cannot handle the power draw especially with other mods and that it stresses the boards.

Now i am confused again. Same product conflicting stories.

Scott has come up with a resolution for me for this machine. I will look into it further for future purchases to see more of what has to be done. He also said he would update the instructions on the Pinstadium site to reflect the procedure for future OS customers.

Great service and a top product.

Sounds like their more trouble than what they are worth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are welcome to your opinion, haven't met anyone who's seen them here that thinks that though, it's a totally different machine with the mirror blades and Pinstadiums.

I won't be putting them on every machine i buy, but i'm positive i haven't bought my last set.

Quick pic in attract mode, i have the brightness at 70% and the colour to purple/red.

Before;

before.jpg.ab13a45a1f8ee4e1758c6c8e8fe4387a.jpg

I would imagine that this would certainly pay for itself very quickly for an operator;

before._not.jpg.731bb4bc3781af2d6cc35c3a302c7229.jpg

The lights in action during game play are just stunning. I have the flashers hooked to the wolverine spinner on Scotts advice, the GI also helps my game i feel as i can see the ball much more clearly.

I would have purchased from you if you had the kits listed the way they have them in the US, one click purchase. I found it very difficult to put it together from the descriptions on your site so paid the xtra.

Now i know what all the parts are i'll do so in future. Just some feedback that may help improve your sales to people like me.

- - - Updated - - -

Found an email from Scott at Pinstadium, he says that powering the lights from the machines boards (is that the way you do them @Ballypinball ) can cause issues and some machines cannot handle the power draw especially with other mods and that it stresses the boards.

Now i am confused again. Same product conflicting stories.

That's what email is for

3 different options only, the rest is just wiring to suit your game

order UV and glow and message the game for correct connectors

we have all the correct connectors and adapters here

Spike 1 and 2 cables from Pinstadiums are supplied to us for spike 1 and spike 2

that's what we supplied Martin no problems

What's the go with Pinstadium lights when lifting up the playfield? I assume the bracket and lights detach easily like velcro or similar. Sorry for what may seem a silly question but I have never had them and only seen a couple of machines with them fitted. They do make a huge difference. Cheers.

What's the go with Pinstadium lights when lifting up the playfield? I assume the bracket and lights detach easily like velcro or similar. Sorry for what may seem a silly question but I have never had them and only seen a couple of machines with them fitted. They do make a huge difference. Cheers.

Magnetic, stick to the mirror blades, remove when lifting playfield......I believe.

That's what email is for

3 different options only, the rest is just wiring to suit your game

order UV and glow and message the game for correct connectors

we have all the correct connectors and adapters here

Spike 1 and 2 cables from Pinstadiums are supplied to us for spike 1 and spike 2

that's what we supplied Martin no problems

I now understand, but i couldn't figure it out before.

Yes there is a thin sticky magnet that sticks to the side of your cabinet up at the top, the lights are on a piece of molded angle that hides them from view when playing and that sticks to the magnet. When lifting the playfield you just either put the lights in on top of the playfield or you forget them and they end up there anyway.