Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gotlieb Funland after restoration issues

Over the past year I’ve been restoring my 1968 Gotlieb Funland and I’ve finally got it to the point where cosmetically its great but mechanically I’ve got a few issues to work through, I’m slowly getting through some of the issues and I can get it to play a game (just) .

So here’s where I’m at so far so any suggestions or where to start searching and I’ll be head down trying myself as well.

1) I can’t start a game with the start button I can only get it to start a game by manually operating the start relay and when I do it doesn’t deduct a credit.

2) left flipper very weak even though it’s been fully rebuilt it can barely hit a ball half way up the playfield (I’ve got a few ideas that I’m going to try but any suggestions)

3) playfield lights continuously drop on and off when ball hits pop bumpers and spinners.

4) I can’t get it to award any credits for specials scores or anything.

5) Ball count display on the apron only displays balls one, three and the game over light up even though I’ve checked that all the globes and sockets worked when I had it on the rotisserie and it plays all five balls.

6) Ball count unit not working ( looks like this issue may now be solved ( one of the wires was just barely hanging on making it work intermittently and the Allen key socket on the main shaft was very very loose causing problems as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. I had this and found the playfield light went thru relay contacts on hold relay I think. Also check fuse holders too.

5. Ball count unit has some contacts that light these I reckon. When on a ball that isn't lighting play around with the spring contacts that are on the top piece of the ball count unit and see if you can get them to come on. Also the 3 screws loosen that and adjust where the piece sits. Sometimes wear or gunk on the rivets is the problem.

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

3. I had this and found the playfield light went thru relay contacts on hold relay I think. Also check fuse holders too.

5. Ball count unit has some contacts that light these I reckon. When on a ball that isn't lighting play around with the spring contacts that are on the top piece of the ball count unit and see if you can get them to come on. Also the 3 screws loosen that and adjust where the piece sits. Sometimes wear or gunk on the rivets is the problem.

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jesse I’ll delve into it a bit more tomorrow as I’ve had enough headaches off this thing for one day [emoji2962]lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk