Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 7 ~ Raiden (closes 3-Nov)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]155808[/ATTACH]

Nice one Prow. Another high score.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 16 of 17 ...

The last flights of Raiden. And here's the last part of the Raiden story.

UBz6rnD.png

Time for last sorties.

Only 1 day to go until this game is closed.

:UFO6:

Pessimeister: 780, 800

0011.png.8a89ea6360f0acad6444af9924dee3bf.png

Lucked out with the 1up on level 4 and got deeper into level 5 but couldn't cope with the frantic intensity on low power. Close to Pearl, but not quite enough. Still, reasonably chuffed with the run.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny how you know where the enemy will be and what they'll do and you (I) still do the same batshit stupid thing over and over..

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155833

I agree! I constantly make mistakes in the train section on level 2, just before the boss. Doing this spoils your bonus big time. I also remind myself not to let tanks underneath the plane or get adjacent to it, but do I always put this into practice? Nope, I keep doing it and getting point blank blasted! :)

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

p7nOYx9.png

97WoUqo.png

Raiden is frantic, hectic and very chaotic. It is rarely played in the MGL, and it was good to see this tough shooter back in action.

RMacauley, orse, Salim Farhat, ILLSeaBass, JasonV91 and Arcadinator took out 4th to 9th place resp. with good scores from 567K down to 329K.

Pessimeister made excellent progress over the last 17 days to continually post new PBs. He hit a mighty 780K and took out 3rd place.

Pearl2hu gamed early, scored 804K, and took out a very nice 2nd place.

Congratulations to Derek Long for winning Game 7 with an incredible score of 1,541,160 points. That’s Derek’s 2nd MGL game win, and a mighty fine effort. Outstanding!

n1q6rrQ.png

The last 2 games of MGLXLI are in action. Mr Do!’s Wild Ride is there to bump you endlessly, and Space Fury to taunt you to defeat the imperial fleet. Two wildly different games, both relentless in game execution.

:026: :026:

Edited by OOO
Pessimeister score correction

Cheers for the write-up Paul! I've absolutely loved playing Raiden under the MGL banner. It made playing so rewarding and motivating.

However, I did make one more final score improvement in post #86 (780, 800) to make my last PB for the event. Plenty more room for improvement going forward! (Reaching V91 and Barra's TG scores would be amazing.)

Hearty congratulations to Derek Long for his strong play; a well deserved victory!

One more Raiden theme from me - a Game Over. :)

Edited by Pessimeister

Cheers for the write-up Paul! However, I did make one more final score improvement in post #86 (780, 810) to make my last PB for the event.

Did a Felix. Fixed your score. Nice touch on the game over music. We need to play this game again some day.