Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The punkin's in Trouble Again With Repairs Thread.

punkin

Question

Hi all, new skill i'm learning today, replace a flipper coil.

This one is on Bally Lost World and it's AQ25-500. The original coil has a resistor (i think) soldered across the two tabs as shown as well as the smaller resistors on the underside that both have.

Should i desolder the other one from the old coil and put it on the new one or is it a hack?

There is a smaller white resistor soldered to the other coil on the other flipper but it's not an original coil.

coil1.jpg.1fefabc199429784607489fc13611b75.jpg

coil2.jpg.6fa358c580aaefe396490a7186632a54.jpg

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Fault in Orbit 1. Either flippers or sling, i drink too much to remember these things. In any case i solved the problem (without help) all i have to do is find where to buy a 250v fuse in a town of 3000 people and no auto stores.

I'll just order the capacitor kit from Marco's and pay the freight, i thought someone may know a local business that could use my money.

Jaycar electronics - Bailey centre Coffs Harbour for fuses, caps, IC's, diodes etc etc, amazing what they carry in stock, have saved me many times while repairing my machines.

Have looked up a reference to find the specs of all the individual caps i need. Jaycar has some but not all. One question about fuses, i need a T3al250v fuse. Google seems to tell me that would be a slow blow one is that correct?

This one says 3AG instead of 3AL, still correct?

https://www.jaycar.com.au/3a-3ag-slow-blow-fuse/p/SF2230

Have looked up a reference to find the specs of all the individual caps i need. Jaycar has some but not all. One question about fuses, i need a T3al250v fuse. Google seems to tell me that would be a slow blow one is that correct?

3ag is just the physical size of the fuse 6.35 x 35mm

Quite common in pins.

- - - Updated - - -

Many moons ago, someone, made up kits of the common sizes used in pins to sell.

They looked something like this..

IMG_3336.thumb.jpg.8bcb93079564cda4932c0281e2a16b01.jpg

Know idea who that was;)

The amperage of the fuse will be in the manual of the pin, it will also be stamped on the metal of the fuse ends. It will say something like 3A 250v. The 3A meaning 3 amps. It may also have an F or S stamped on it. F for normal fast blow and S for slow blow. Not all fuses have this identifier though.

You often have to hold the fuse under light and look very closely for the stamping. Always good to check with the manual though, as fuses often get replaced with incorrect values. If the fuse rating is higher than it should be, it can be dangerous. Lower than it should be and it will just blow all the time.

So another question then if i must, if that's the physical size how do i find out how many amps fuse i need?

I'll leave the rest of the bait where it is.

I did find one place in Australia that had all the caps i needed;

https://au.element14.com/

That's usually in the manuals or circuit drawings for each game.

- - - Updated - - -

The amperage of the fuse will be in the manual of the pin, it will also be stamped on the metal of the fuse ends. It's will say something like 3A 250v. The 3A meaning 3 amps. It may also have an F or S stamped on it. F for normal fast blow and S for slow blow. Not all fuses have this identifier though.

You often have to hold the fuse under light and look very closely for the stamping.

These days I find myself taking a photo of the end of the fuse then enlarge it to see the size.

I'm getting old.

Thanks, i have only ever seen it written on the fuse and when i google the 3ag250v that's written on this it comes up as a 3 amp fuse @ 250v. So it has the 250v written as part of the identifier but the 3 relates only to the size and not the amp rating?

Seems pretty weird.

So another question then if i must, if that's the physical size how do i find out how many amps fuse i need?

I'll leave the rest of the bait where it is.

I did find one place in Australia that had all the caps i needed;

https://au.element14.com/

And remember just because the old fuse said 5 A, that doesn't mean it should have a 5A in there.

The old fuse doesn't say anything i can read except that code and the manual doesn't say anything about fuse sizes. There's nothing on google i can find with an online manual.

Why should it be so ****ing hard to replace a ****ing fuse.

****ing pinball machines.

Just turned Houdini off. Guess i bought another project. Ball stuck in seance hole and ball search won't find it. Was a great game too.

Put the game into switch test and see if the switch is registering. Could be as simple a switch stuck closed, not making proper contact or a wire come loose.

The old fuse doesn't say anything i can read except that code and the manual doesn't say anything about fuse sizes. There's nothing on google i can find with an online manual.

Why should it be so ****ing hard to replace a ****ing fuse.

****ing pinball machines.

Totally agree, what do you get from manufactures when you get a NIB...

Alice came with a have fun 6 liner don't forget to put the legs on and the balls in?

That was ****ing it....

Every problem I have to send an email.

Even had to ask for rubber sizes yesterday...

I love the machine but am over the lack of any manual whatsoever.

The Spooky guy had the nerve to say he was better than any manual they could print?

Look out for that ****ing bus....

It is all too hard when that is the type of answer you get when you spend over 10k.

I even get a 20 language manual when I buy a $5 dollar item at Crazy Clarkes or The Reject Shop?

Why is it so hard?

Reminds me of dealing with Telstra or Optus....Don't ****ing start me on those pricks

- - - Updated - - -

Ill take it ill trade you for hug and some cornflake biscuits

What else is in those biscuits?

Totally agree, what do you get from manufactures when you get a NIB...

Alice came with a have fun 6 liner don't forget to put the legs on and the balls in?

That was ****ing it....

Every problem I have to send an email.

Even had to ask for rubber sizes yesterday...

I love the machine but am over the lack of any manual whatsoever.

The Spooky guy had the nerve to say he was better than any manual they could print?

Look out for that ****ing bus....

It is all too hard when that is the type of answer you get when you spend over 10k.

I even get a 20 language manual when I buy a $5 dollar item at Crazy Clarkes or The Reject Shop?

Why is it so hard?

Reminds me of dealing with Telstra or Optus....Don't ****ing start me on those pricks

- - - Updated - - -

What else is in those biscuits?

Eggs maybe:lol

Fuses....for what machine and what does the fuse protect?. There are some fuse values, Data East and Sega come to mind where the factory fuse was under rated in the mains line but only on the 220/240 volt models and was causing perfectly fine machines to blow the fuse. This fuse value was upped with the full blessing of the factory but I doubt any manuals of fuse value stickers were ever changed.

There are logical methods to work out fuse values used on circuits. That is why I'm asking what machine and what circuit.

3ag is just the physical size of the fuse 6.35 x 35mm

Quite common in pins.

- - - Updated - - -

Many moons ago, someone, made up kits of the common sizes used in pins to sell.

They looked something like this..

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157038

Know idea who that was;)

Pick me, pick me I know the answer Mr toads lol

T3al250v is just a 3amp slow blow 3AG sized fuse, grab an assortment of common slow blows (1a,3a,5a etc) at Jaycar.

Yeah it's beyond me. Game has 40 odd games on it and it blows up the day after i got it. No reflection on the seller but i'm having a real bad run.

Tommy is off and that's about 50% of the time since i owned it, Tales From the Crypt stopped working the day it got delivered and it seems to be getting worse. Recurrent connector problem on Spy Hunter has that turned off too.

Pretty depressed about how much work i have to do now.

Yeah it's beyond me. Game has 40 odd games on it and it blows up the day after i got it. No reflection on the seller but i'm having a real bad run.

Tommy is off and that's about 50% of the time since i owned it, Tales From the Crypt stopped working the day it got delivered and it seems to be getting worse. Recurrent connector problem on Spy Hunter has that turned off too.

Pretty depressed about how much work i have to do now.

I can offer hugs?