Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The punkin's in Trouble Again With Repairs Thread.

punkin

Question

Hi all, new skill i'm learning today, replace a flipper coil.

This one is on Bally Lost World and it's AQ25-500. The original coil has a resistor (i think) soldered across the two tabs as shown as well as the smaller resistors on the underside that both have.

Should i desolder the other one from the old coil and put it on the new one or is it a hack?

There is a smaller white resistor soldered to the other coil on the other flipper but it's not an original coil.

coil1.jpg.1fefabc199429784607489fc13611b75.jpg

coil2.jpg.6fa358c580aaefe396490a7186632a54.jpg

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Dropped the ****ing spring and can't find it. i'm having a bad day, feel really out of sorts and nothings going right. Think i'm coming down with something. Can i take a spring out of a sling and replace it later?

Well @mrpinbologist told me so, he said he could see a burnt bit or somesuch but i can't see it.. I also did some research on the net and came up with corroborating evidence in a few threads. I don't 'know' that's the problem though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lost-world-flipper-chatters

So that's what i am trying first.

Dropped the ****ing spring and can't find it. i'm having a bad day, feel really out of sorts and nothings going right. Think i'm coming down with something. Can i take a spring out of a sling and replace it later?

Check Ya Step.....

For that extra spring....lol

I need a few days in hospital i think mate. Not feeling real good at all for some reason today.

Sorry to hear you don't feel well....Your guts in an Orbit?

Have you fed your Liver yet? Is it calling?

Remember they don't serve Beer in a hospital bed?

Didn't have a Fanta till nearly 12pm and only on my third or somesuch. No interest in the 'erb today either.

Just clammy sweats and shaky since this morning, thought i was having a sugar low but i'm not so i don't know.

I DO know that everytime i go upstairs to 'the idiots' place of an afternoon i come back with Altitude Sickness, but this is a little different to the usual Chlorophyll Poisoning.:D

I'llBeRightAfterANightOfItPunkin

The punkin's in Trouble Again With Repairs Thread.

Sounds like you getting something, walk away, down tools.

I won’t work on stuff when I’m like that. Too many Fuk ups.

Hint #1

Get an old white towel

Lift playfield

Lay towel across cabinet top

Towel catches anything falling.

Easy to see.

Hint#2

Turn playfield over in cabinet

(Lay down towel first)

Work on it upside down like in a cradle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you getting something, walk away, down tools.

I won’t work on stuff when I’m like that. Too many Fuk ups.

Hint

Get an old white towel

Lift playfield

Easy to see.

Holy shit, that's such a simple, good idea. I am stealing that. Everytime I do something under a playfield I lose a screw and spend bloody ages looking for it.

I usually do that already but something as empty as lost World i don't bother. It's not in the cabinet, it's really hard to see on the grey marine carpet looking for a black spring but i reckon it's rolled or bounced 20 feet away under a pallet or something.

Towel doesn't always help i'm still missing a little spring clip of the Spider trapdoor from Hobbit. I'll have to figure out where to get another.

Still doing a little bit, readjusted the score reel on Royal Flush but only got a couple of games in test before a thunderstorm starting here a few minutes ago and the power cycling.

When I'm doing any work like this I have a magnet to hold all the loose metal bits so nothing goes missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hint #1

Get an old white towel

Lift playfield

Easy to see.

Hint#2

Turn playfield over in cabinet

(Lay down towel first)

Work on it upside down like in a cradle

Number #3 lay the towel over the EM base while soldering under the playfield, Catches any solder bombs!

Yes noticed that when i peeled a nice little drop off the cover of my manual today.

I took three screws out of the bracket holding the sling coils, put them on a clean bit of the base and then found two.:cry

Drop a left sock into or near your pin, you must like throw it, but not be looking when you do it ! when you eventually find only the left sock , the part will be right next to it !!!! ( the right sock for some reason is easily found and cannot be used for this purpose)

If you don't have a spare left sock, use you car keys instead :D

First off.

Best thread name.

That’s just another diode.

The new coil has them already.

So install the coil and done.

Best thread name and such great basic information...

How often and how annoying is it to find a few extra nuts, washers & such in the machine when you are looking for something you lost?

&

Where the ? does that belong??

Edited by DAG
typo