Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

CPU drop out on SS pinball

I have a Bally Kiss Pinball machine all board start up OK when Powered up.However after about 1-2 minutes the cpu drops out (No displays cant start a game)

If the game is switched off and restarted it will start up OK but same problem after 1-2 minutes.

The led on the CPU remains in the dull on status dose not flicker or any thing when it drops out. I have even replaced the cpu with a alternate board same problem.

The CPU ,Power supply and Driver board all work fine installed in another machine. I have replaced the female connector on the supply of the 5v to and from all Boards no change.

Any Suggestions please as this is a very frustrating problem.

does the general illumination stay on?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe something is going on with the rectifier board ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But he says the power supply works fine in another machine

- - - Updated - - -

do you have a multi meter?

- - - Updated - - -

if all your boards work in another machine it sounds like a wiring/pin problem

- - - Updated - - -

• Administrators
does the general illumination stay on?

- - - Updated - - -

But he says the power supply works fine in another machine

- - - Updated - - -

do you have a multi meter?

- - - Updated - - -

if all your boards work in another machine it sounds like a wiring/pin problem

- - - Updated - - -

I think Robs talking about the transformer block. Bad fuse holders and corroded fuses, dry joints and bad connectors could all cause this issue specially if it gets worse as it heats up.

Personally, if it was a KISS in my possession (hint - nudge - LOL) I would replace the rectifier board as a matter of much needed maintenance. They are generally well beyond their use by date and its going to be difficult to diagnose further unless you have a reliable voltage feed. @Tangles here on AA does a good one or if you'd like to pay freight etc. GPE in the USA is good also.

Option 3 is just send me some pics of the game, I buy the game and put in a new rect board myself.

I think Robs talking about the transformer block. Bad fuse holders and corroded fuses, dry joints and bad connectors could all cause this issue specially if it gets worse as it heats up.

To me that means the power supply. @lloyd bendall says he has tried all boards and power supply in another machine.

still doable to swap out a transformer and rec board (power supply)

- - - Updated - - -

have you put the Kiss MPU in other pin?

Edited by Rich

Your digital multimeter may not necessarily react quick enough for you to see the 5vDC dropping out. You really need a data logger multimeter to pick up such events or an analog meter. Fear not, you can put an LED with a dropping resistor in line with it and temporarily wire this in between the 5vDC test point and the ground test point. If the voltage does drop out, you will see the LED flicker.

I recommend if you have not already done these board mods linked below to do them. They spare you from so many Bally related issues...

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/images/bally-driver-board-repair-v1.1.pdf

Tieing the grounds together as well as the test points 1 tied to test point 3 should have been done by the factory and we all would have been happier.