Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Metal backbox cover for Gottlieb Jet Spin

Hi all

I am looking to replace the metal cover on the rear of the backbox on a Gottlieb Jet Spin (1977). Anyone know of where I may be able to get one, or where I may be able to get one made up?

Thanks for any leads!

Edited by ocyen

Can someone please confirm what the measurements are on a 4 player backbox door such as Jet Spin? I am measuring 700 x 725 cm in the empty space but it would be good to confirm against an actual door :)

OK, here are some pics of my backbox. I measured from the inside edge of the backbox where the door would normally sit. Is Jet Spin just a totally different size or am I reading the measurements incorrectly?

20190510_083851411_iOS.thumb.jpg.17bbd34f5c6d0330a50a18476c432ff1.jpg20190510_083817605_iOS.thumb.jpg.6e1e58b022609f0545c148c8ab211ad8.jpg

OK, here are some pics of my backbox. I measured from the inside edge of the backbox where the door would normally sit. Is Jet Spin just a totally different size or am I reading the measurements incorrectly?

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147780https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147781

50mm difference! [emoji848]

Sorry I can't help you further.

That's what I'll do if I can't get a metal door. Would prefer the original look if possible.

Yep and agree. At this stage we are in a flux zone as this game from what we know from other 4 players seems to be a one off. This I find hard to believe that Gottlieb would do one game different.

@illawarra_steelers Tony could you shine any light on this??

No prob at all making a custom cover up but what Alex and I are trying to establish is in that era with 4 players is there 2 varieties?? more than happy to add another one to our product list

Having said that ol' mate Mark is still O/Seas on hols so I'm trying to get this sorted before he comes back.

That's what I'll do if I can't get a metal door. Would prefer the original look if possible.

On my Covergirl resto I had a Sheety mate knock one up with the measurements I gave him and it come up really neat, but any place that deals in sheet metal should be able to make one up for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

Just got a reply to a similar post I made on Pinside which confirms what I was finding:

"All 4 player machines with 100K lights are 2" taller.

My door is 27 5/8" wide and 28 9/16" high

In metric?

https://www.metric-conversions.org/length/inches-to-millimeters.htm

701.6750mm x 725.4875mm"

So it looks like some of these games are taller after all. Jeff, let me know when Mark gets back :)

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

Just got a reply to a similar post I made on Pinside which confirms what I was finding:

"All 4 player machines with 100K lights are 2" taller.

My door is 27 5/8" wide and 28 9/16" high

In metric?

https://www.metric-conversions.org/length/inches-to-millimeters.htm

701.6750mm x 725.4875mm"

So it looks like some of these games are taller after all. Jeff, let me know when Mark gets back :)

Well done Alex. You've got to the bottom of the conundrum. Mark's currently in Jordan and will be back in about two weeks time but as usual he will probably have a "too hard" backlog from work to tackle 1st.

I'll add the cover to his list.

Next question to tackle is the location and dimensions of the lock hole. Maybe Pinside can help with that as well??. It certainly would make the job easier if we had a donor to take some specs off.

@Fair Dinkum Dan , @illawarra_steelers , @ the Goat shed guys??

Now to work out all the machines that used the 100,000 light on the 4 player machines so the @Railways boys know when another customer asks for a back door by name, they know it is the larger door.

Just a quick look, here are the ones I could find...

Jungle Queen........................July 1977 appears to be the first

Jet Spin...........................August 1977

Vulcan...........................October 1977

Cleopatra EM................December 1977

Sinbad EM.........................March 1978

Joker Poker EM.....................June 1978

Close Encounters EM.....September 1978

Dragon EM....................November 1979

Charlie's Angels EM........February...1979

Solar Ride EM.....................March 1979

Now to work out all the machines that used the 100,000 light on the 4 player machines so the @Railways boys know when another customer asks for a back door by name, they know it is the larger door.

Just a quick look, here are the ones I could find...

Jungle Queen........................July 1977 appears to be the first

Jet Spin...........................August 1977

Vulcan...........................October 1977

Cleopatra EM................December 1977

Sinbad EM.........................March 1978

Joker Poker EM.....................June 1978

Close Encounters EM.....September 1978

Dragon EM....................November 1979

Charlie's Angels EM........February...1979

Solar Ride EM.....................March 1979

Thanks Steve. This is what we are trying to clarify.

These will be made and added to our portfolio we still need to establish the barrel location.