Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern nine ball no dings/flashes

Ryza

Question

Hello

My nine-ball was working perfectly for a couple of months and then during a meet it just froze up and wasn't responsive. I power cycle the machine but it just wouldn't turn on.

All fuses on the rectifier board are fine.

The machine gives no dings out of 7 when you done it on and just illuminate the gi

I have unplugged the solenoid driver board and the audio board to see if I can get any dings but that didn't work.

Where do I start!

I have other boards I can swap in but I'm afraid of frying something of if that's what happened.

14 answers to this question

Are the output voltages of the rectifier correct? Look up classic stern or bally voltages on Google for the values. I've replaced a few of these recently. They can be repaired but it is nice to put a new one in. Need to take your time as there are a bunch of wires that need to be direct soldered onto the back of the board.

Other than that, double check the voltages and test points on the mpu. Reseat the plug on the top right of the solenoid driver board as well.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Hello

My nine-ball was working perfectly for a couple of months and then during a meet it just froze up and wasn't responsive. I power cycle the machine but it just wouldn't turn on.

All fuses on the rectifier board are fine.

The machine gives no dings out of 7 when you done it on and just illuminate the gi

I have unplugged the solenoid driver board and the audio board to see if I can get any dings but that didn't work.

Where do I start!

I have other boards I can swap in but I'm afraid of frying something of if that's what happened.

Also, just wait til I come down. [emoji846]

Just make sure you have your 5v 12v

Then swap a board. But it most likely won’t boot if roms are stuffed.

Try resetting them, check the sockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stern nine ball no dings/flashes

Also try pushing down gently on ROMs on cpu board. Maybe dry solder joint connectors. All it needs is 12v and 5v to boot and last flash is for 43v for coils. Tp4 is ground, tp1 and 5 is 5v, tp2 is 12v - you must have these to get to last flash.

Must be going for Friday [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

if the roms were bad you wouldn't get to the 7th flash, sounds like it's booting up fine but then there's a problem, if I have read the first post correctly.

have you checked the test points on SD board? I assume as it boots your 5V and 12V are fine, but is the 43VDC present?

Are the displays working, like showing any digits? High Score?

Hey guys thanks for the replies it's not flashing anything zero Dings 0 flashes all that happens is the general illumination turns on

I will test the voltages tomorrow when I am home I got a bit carried away doing Flipper rebuilds last night

There is no corrosion damage the machine Electronics are very clean and the battery had been replaced with a button battery by the previous owner

if they're aren't any flashes, not even a flicker at power up then the reset section is the problem area, assuming you have 5 and 12volts at the mpu test points.

you can leave the mpu board in and unplug J1, J2 & J3, leaving J4.

J4 is all you need to at least power up.