Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Now tech topic on speakers!

Are these mainly for later sterns not Bally/Williams etc

That's the exact question I have asked KJS and Ferro in a PM (also asked a few other things re fitting, any modifying required and improved bass sound quality). If they make a difference, I might grab a few from Amazon to use in my Sterns and future restores.

The speaker is 4 ohms so should be compatible with the BW machines.

Pretty cheap bass upgrade, most of my Sterns have the cyclone sub that AMD supply, they’re $98 online. Makes the Boss one pretty good value.

What's your opinion Rob on this etypes of bass/cab speaker upgrade? Does it make a difference to sound? I realise it's not as good as a separate active sub but for the price, they are better than the standard Stern bass speaker I assume?

Re Cyclone sub - you mean this one:

https://www.wagneronline.com.au/10-subwoofer-cyclone/audio-speakers/automotive/cs100-7025/11583/pd/

Too me it makes a massive difference.

I use them with pinsound in Wpcand also sys 11s and have just fitted into firepower as well but will be running it with the NW7 board from France..

I believe modern sterns they just hook up.

Pinsound is just straight connection.

Wpc and Sys 11 requires modding with Lpad and crossovers like the off shelf kits you can buy.

I also mainly use the 5 1/4 4 way Bosses as well with wpc95 spacers. Tried a fair few brands and found these the best for me. I have 2 sets of these new for sale as well for same price if George first or any wants them after.

George I made some cab spacers for you as well to go with the subs.

This guide is all you need pretty much.

http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_replacement.html

Edited by KJS

That's the exact question I have asked KJS and Ferro in a PM (also asked a few other things re fitting, any modifying required and improved bass sound quality). If they make a difference, I might grab a few from Amazon to use in my Sterns and future restores.

The speaker is 4 ohms so should be compatible with the BW machines.

Let me know what you find out. Would be keen to know

Any idea folks if these will fit a Data East? Given DE became Sega -> Stern?

And now need for an inline mono AMP? I assume the AMP watts on the standard bass speaker is not all that high.

I previously bought a Pyramid bass speaker off amazon for a virtual pin project that was about the same and the difference from a stock paper bass speaker was very noticeable (fatter clearer bass, just not super deep), but it's no powered sub in a box.

Would these be a straight swap in a S.A.M. (WPT)?

From what I believe and been told, yes mate. Stern SAM and SPIKE titles.

I am going to get two off Amazon Australia, one for GB (Spike) and the other for TWD (SAM).

Glenn, join Amazon prime for a 30 days free trial, postage will be zero. Order up as much as you like and then just cancel your trial... winner winner !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn, join Amazon prime for a 30 days free trial, postage will be zero. Order up as much as you like and then just cancel your trial... winner winner !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to them 2 days ago and they stated any purchase over $49AUD is free postage anyway irrelevant that these Boss CXX8 speakers are posted from the US! Truly amazing value there indeed.

https://www.amazon.com.au/BOSS-Audio-CXX8-Car-Subwoofer/dp/B00I9TSXKI

But good to know for items $49 and less. Thanks mate for heads up.

Yep, cheaper than Amazon Aust for sure if buying only one, but if buying two or more, shipping is free using Amazon Aust and these speakers work out to be only $31.74 each. That's why I am getting two. If anyone else just wants one, I am happy to throw it on my order and you can pick up from Oakleigh, VIC.

Yep, cheaper than Amazon Aust for sure if buying only one, but if buying two or more, shipping is free using Amazon Aust and these speakers work out to be only $31.74 each. That's why I am getting two. If anyone else just wants one, I am happy to throw it on my order and you can pick up from Oakleigh, VIC.

This won't work, I already tried the other day.

Free shipping requires a minimum spend of $49. Unfortunately they've added a maximum quantity of 1 for this item. So to be eligible for the free shipping, you'd have to find something else around $20. Oh and it has to be from Amazon US, as you can't mix Amazon US and AU to meet the Prime quota.

This won't work, I already tried the other day.

Free shipping requires a minimum spend of $49. Unfortunately they've added a maximum quantity of 1 for this item. So to be eligible for the free shipping, you'd have to find something else around $20. Oh and it has to be from Amazon US, as you can't mix Amazon US and AU to meet the Prime quota.

Well that contradicts what they told me a few days ago and here is the transcript from that conversation.

1685670232_ScreenShot2019-05-08at8_08_11am.thumb.jpg.1c7d0d5910ccf1f9b4773a505d205995.jpg

Just tried to order two speakers and yes, correct, could not do. Well, no time now as kids need to get to school and Mrs to work, so will address this later when I get home. NOT HAPPY! Looks like another chat with Amazon.