Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 6 ~ Tetris (closes 27-Oct)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome story and WR score! I think I found the machines where you installed those Tetris kits. Don't they look great all lined up like that. 8 gamers can play at the same time.

There they are! Yes, those were the cabs that I installed the kits in. However, they negotiated with a local distributor and landed a great deal on empty Dynamo Showcase cabs, that the Tetris kits eventually were installed in. These cabs were the ones that just about every kit went into.

There really sharp looking, especially when there all lined up next to each other along a wall that you would expect in a Super Walmrt!! If you could see just one of these walls in Golf-O-Rama for example, it would look like this; 12 Galaga's, 10 Ms. Pacman's, 8 Arkanoids and 8 Tetris's for example. That's 38 cabinets, lined up neatly along a wall, side by side and spanning a distance of just over 90 feet, with plenty of room to line up even more cabs!

Anyway, RIP GP.

In May of 2016, they completely leveled EVERYTHING to make way for shops, residences and offices. :x

1276811326_DynamoHS-3BigBoyShowcaseArcadeCabinet.jpg.cc74073625f383f5dc2e86a92b6bab2d.jpg

431498927_DynamoExclusiveSlide-OutDrawer.jpg.b299fdca894109de5d2ced3566492014.jpg

Now picture 38 of these lined up side by side, spanning just one of the walls in this enormous arcade!

• Administrators
Why don't you start on Hard and pick up 40K straight away? You'll crack 70 or 80k in no time

That was my next game

Game 1 - Started on Easy

Realised hey extra bonus for starting harder

Game 2 - Started on Medium.....instant profit.

I haven't bothered again, like I said I get zero enjoyment out of this game so will put in token scores

Brad

• Super Moderator

I feel the same way about Grobda...

That was my next game

Game 1 - Started on Easy

Realised hey extra bonus for starting harder

Game 2 - Started on Medium.....instant profit.

I haven't bothered again, like I said I get zero enjoyment out of this game so will put in token scores

Brad

Attention all Tetroids. Here's a little strategy that may help you along your way.

To avoid the screen from moving up and random pieces appearing on the screen, immediately start building up against either the left or right side of the screen. I believe once the pieces reach about halfway, the screen will not progress upwards and no random pieces will come out temporarily. Once you bring your stack down below the halfway mark, the screen will then continue moving upwards and pieces will start appearing randomly until you finish the stage.

I pretty much start every stage like this, but at the higher levels, you will have to fight the screen moving upwards and random pieces appearing, which happen almost immediately after starting the stage, while your building up pieces along either side. This is normal, but once you reach that halfway point, it makes it easier to then concentrate on setting the well up for one or more Tetris's. Then you have to immediately build up the side wall all over again because the game will start with the screen progression and random pieces appearing.

Hope I explained my strategy correctly. :)

Good luck!!

Day 12 of 17 ...

T - E - T - R - I - S

The playing field in Tetris is called the Matrix. Tetris comes from the Greek word tetra, meaning four, and tennis, creator Pajitnov’s favorite sport.

S0DvITZ.png

The blocks can be useful.

UwuuPWQ.png

:035::whitey::035: