Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 6 ~ Tetris (closes 27-Oct)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some are keeping an eye on 1st place ... :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

120,163pts

Maybe THIS is my score ceiling :cool:

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155466

Maybe more? :unsure

Day 14 of 17 ...

Nintendo almost rejected Tetris for Game Boy: When Henk Rogers of Bullet Proof Software first pitched Tetris for the Game Boy to Nintendo, Nintendo didn’t think it would work because it wouldn’t appeal to little boys. Rogers responded, “If you want little boys to play Game Boy, pack in Mario—but if you want everyone to play Game Boy, pack in Tetris.” Nintendo shipped more than 35 million copies of Tetris with the original Game Boy.

8PfBjol.png

MD0vtwI.jpg

Only 3 days to go until this game is closed.

:120:

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155505

Good morning all ! :D

I'm just going for Tetris ...

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155506

I miss playing with you ...:cry

Hi Pierre,

I hope all is good. A very good score on Tetris. That's 3rd place already.

xgxWywp.gif

:026:

- - - Updated - - -

I’m working at Gold Coast for the week and will get to Netherworld on either Sunday or Thursday (Halloween) night.

I don't think they have a Tetris arcade at Netherworld. Maybe they have a console version?

Wow, that's a very good score Herve! This could be your best ever finish in a game?

:035:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 15 of 17 ...

The smallest game of Tetris ever was played using an electron microscope and 42 glass microspheres. Created by the Department of Physics of Complex Systems in Amsterdam, the glass microspheres used in the game were between 1 × 10−7 and 1 × 10−4 m in size. That’s as small as a grain of sand or particle of pollen.

NJy01fe.png

Fancy dancing to fancy music. That's Tetris.

rhlQY8i.gif

Only 2 days to go until this game is closed.

:035: :whitey:

Day 16 of 17 ...

Some really great improvements are being made, with a little bit of practice!

By the way, did you know Tetris was the first video game played in outer space. In 1993, Russian cosmonaut Aleksandr A. Serebrov spent 196 days on the Mir space station with a very special distraction: a gray Game Boy loaded with Tetris. During that time the game orbited the Earth 3,000 times and became the first video game played in space. The Game Boy was sold in a Bonhams auction for $1,220 during the Space History Sale in 2011.

oOyrvVD.png

Only 1 day to go until this game is closed.

:cry

poor Tempest :cry

I didn't know that was a former Tempest cab. And how come you can tell the difference? Did you own or build a Tempest cab?

- - - Updated - - -

6 hours to go until this game is closed.

Did you know? ... yakkity yak ...

s4d0kLl.png

Maybe Mikhail Gorbachev will have a game of Tetris just before the close?

:031:

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

NtihI0K.png

Tetris was designed to make computers seem less intimidating. That’s fact. However on the ATARI version, this could seem like fiction. Being a craze game loved by most people all over the world, the game becomes frantic and exciting.

MbD4Tlq.gif

In the 90K to 98K zone, RichyS, John73, kane, Pessimeister, Prow, {NW}Nike and RMacauley played this game at a hectic pace to record some fine scores. They took out 11th to 17th place respectively.

In the 101K to 156K zone, fok999, JasonV91, Vikleroy, DaLar, Bensweeneyonbass, Pearl2hu, ILLSeaBass and Wan1993 played great for 3rd to 10th place respectively.

DWO scored a very impressive 300K for 2nd place. This was his best finish in an MGL game in the 10 different MGL games he has played to date.

Congratulations to Stephen Krogman for winning Game 6. He high scored with 509,326 points, also beating his previous high score of 495,384 points from MGL29. That’s some mad tetromino rotations and leveling. Excellent play.

osw86Wb.png

A tri-state of games are on the arcade floor.

Game 7: Raiden to battle the aliens on the ground and in the sky.

Game 8: Climb the ladders effectively or get smashed by the cars in the very tough Mr Do!’s Wild Ride.

Game 9: Don’t take the back chat from the alien and wipe out his imperial fleet in Space Fury.

That’s three very challenging games, pedal to the metal, all for you gamers.

:026: :026: :026: