Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

EA 1976 TV Ball Game Project

EHSrUeb.jpg

Lvm9Ie1.jpg

I found this project in an Electronics Australia magazine from May 1976 while researching Pong and thought it'd be a fun/educational project for people to build.

Edited copy with just the project and Errata from July 1976 on last page...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z6uowEXgYyGzjHVBkssQMdjV-iMG8kez

I've made a few minor changes but kept the layout the same as the original, the 74Cxx chips have been substituted with the readily available 40xx CMOS chips. the only difference is the pinout.

I've added an on-off switch and an LED power indicator to the board as well as headers instead of pads spread around the PCB to make it a little tidier.

Redrawn Schematic...

Dx4RP4t.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lsl_84IrBJYpzArKiZlV05asXZeA3eeI

PCB done using EasyEDA, the components are spaced out on the board so I thought I'd save some time and see how the Autorouter would go laying out the tracks. It did a good enough job with 100% routed so I left it at that.

DaTTBBa.jpg

Final PCB ready for fabrication.

2o8jTjY.jpg

EA FEBRUARY 1976

EA MAY 1976

EA JULY 1976

Edited by Kaizen

Cheers mate, I spent way too much time on the schematic and component layout and saved a few hours of hand routing.

Autorouter is no good for complex boards with tight spacing but worked fine for this project, I may do another version with larger vias and tweak a few tracks after it's been autorouted.

I'll add the board to the next PCB order I do and share the Gerbers and project file after it's been tested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...