Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How to adjust judge dredd globe position

robm

Question

Am trying to sort out an issue on a Judge Dredd that has been sitting for quite a few years - the deadworld globe stops past where the crane can pick the ball up by about 10-20mm. I have adjusted the ring back as much as the slots will allow, but it needs to move further.

I am assuming the way to adjust the stop position of the globe, is to turn the opto interuppter plastic ring thingo under the playfield? Or is there something else to adjust?

13 answers to this question

Good timing, am about to open one up.

I’ve had one before that was also doing it due to crane timing and adjustment.

Was long time ago though.

Good to know there’s the other adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Righto. It's a prick of a spot to get to and you need to rotate the shaft to the right spot to access it. And it's doing my head in which way to adjust it!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Take out the grub screw and replace with a bolt so you can tighten with a ring spanner and not forced to try adjusting with just an allen key.....;)

It's a horrible mech but the up side is it rarely goes out of adjustment once set up correctly.

I had one perfectly setup and all was going well till someone that hired the machine decided to take the glass off and see how the crane worked, with there hand.....GRRRRR

Needless to say they also saw a need to try and spin the globe by hand. Both mechs were damaged beyond repair.

Righto legends, got the adjustment sorted out, with not too much drama.

Next question.....i noticed the left fire button in air raid mode was sticky - upon further inspection, it appears the playfield is resting on the switch/globe holder of the left fire button. Has anyone experienced this before, and what have you done to stop the weight of the playfield on the switch? Only thing i can think of is to raise the lockdown bar holder a bit - but this seems unusual, and i doubt there is more than a mm or 2 of slop.

There is also an adjustment on the crane. The pushrod at the back has an adjustment for crane operating height. The stroke is fixed by the cam but the range can be made higher or lower. Mine was way too low when I got it and the balls would drag off the magnet as the crane slewed.

724801208_2019-04-26_12_52_491.thumb.jpg.185c7a64a3cf0126691da7a38a5118b1.jpg

Lol blue-tac would make a marvelous packer! :lol

There is another issue I had related to the crane. It could be considered relatively fragile.

The reason I have that spare part is related to the fact my crane was bent when I first got it. I ended up straightening the one I had anyway (the other rod that holds the crane arm on the clevis). What it seems to be is that when you raise the playfield fully up, the crane may flop back. If this happens it can get caught on the back of the cabinet as the playfield is lowered back down. I think this is what happened to bend my crane support shaft. This messed up the whole dynamic of the cranes lift range, meaning the stroke was much less than it should have been (because of altered lever distances).

Just something to be wary of.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes me think actually. If this has happened to a game, and not discovered, this would leave the crane pickup point further back up playfield by however much the shaft is bent. Mine was originally bent back so that the crane pivot was about 8-10 mm further up playfield than it should be. A noticable kink in what should be a straight shaft.

Could this be where you are missing some planet-crane alignment @robm ?