Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My Hundred Mile an hour Pinball Collecting Journey.

punkin

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orbit 1 is in the house. Waiting now for Whirlwind and still for Sorcerer. Hoping i see Sorcerer for xmas.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156013

I really like that for so many reasons. just having a nice, clean running hankin pin gets a huge thumbs up from me.

good on you garry for being really fired up on your pinball journey.

find it really inspirational

No mate, i save them all for you. :056:

Just rung him up and asked what his indecipherable tag say's and apparently it's 'SNARL' for those playing along. Also i didn't 'allow' him to do anything. i promised him i'd pay him if he did whatever he wanted.

Once again (3rd time i've used him) i'm overwhelmed by the privilege and gift he's given me for next to no compensation.

Being a graffer from late 80’s till late 90’s I can appreciate this , look closely the letters they are clear as a blue sky , no wild style from the 90’s but nice work

they look great, is this a stocked item or just for you?

It's their standard Stern rails in the standard powder coating and it matches the Deadpool satin really well. Easy fit as the old rails wern't stuck down only screwed. I had to fold the head down to get the rear bolts in and out though.

Cheap as chips too.

@Railways .

IMGP0577.jpg.5384738f2abeeaa4fc1c19e8a7515567.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Being a graffer from late 80’s till late 90’s I can appreciate this , look closely the letters they are clear as a blue sky , no wild style from the 90’s but nice work

Yeah once you know what it says it jumps out at you as intended, but if you are not in the know or can't read their language it looks like gibberish. In any case it will soon be hidden (also as intended).

:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I really like that for so many reasons. just having a nice, clean running hankin pin gets a huge thumbs up from me.

good on you garry for being really fired up on your pinball journey.

find it really inspirational

Thanks mate. I love the Orbit 1. I was expecting a beater from the sellers description but once it arrived i can see all it needs is a new set of legs to fit right in. I'll be talking to railways about that too.

Thank you @namastepat

Just because something is simple doesn't mean there is not beauty in it.

Another link in the puzzle came together today when i got a message that my tables are ready.

Really happy how they turned out, there's some benefits to living on the nth coast of NSW besides the herbage.

table1.jpg.5d30d40020b75d8eda658645510dc74c.jpg

table2.jpg.00571fccadbbc93c748015ab17c7cd2e.jpg

table3.jpg.40530cdebbe7453f46e954b9b6a34e39.jpg

Worked out under $300 each so happy at that. They are more inclusive and cozy than a real table as they are only 600 high.

Think i'm starting to go crazy. I keep looking at my Hankin Orbit 1 and thinking how little it would take to restore it like new. The cab is in really good condition, i'm thinking someone has already done a restore on it at some stage. Just needs sanding, a bit of minor fill here and there and restencilling. The playfield is great, just needs new targets (they are in a bag in the coin box) and it needs the correct apron. Backglass looks to be new.

The crazy bit is that i keep telling myself i could do it.

Yeah, searching got me a thread where Pinball Pimp quoted someone $300US to do a custom set. I've reached out to him and will wait to see what he comes up with. I couldn't scan my cab, but i could trace it maybe?

Is there any members here with the ability and equipment to make a custom set?

It really is quite a simple design.

orbitone1.jpg.c9ca48b8c260330458ce3e0260630b48.jpg

orbitone2.thumb.jpg.95349f3aefc0ae84861d7f32d4910d47.jpg

Yeah, searching got me a thread where Pinball Pimp quoted someone $300US to do a custom set. I've reached out to him and will wait to see what he comes up with. I couldn't scan my cab, but i could trace it maybe?

Is there any members here with the ability and equipment to make a custom set?

Paging @stuzza to the front desk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make your own by tracing the cab art work.

Its not has hard as you might think and you also get the job satisfaction of the finished result.

This is a game I did with home made stencils in 2011. Was quite a tricky one but it worked out pretty well[ATTACH]156534[/ATTACH][ATTACH]156535[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

tapatalk_1574030829623.thumb.jpeg.b6158ca101faf4d2892423cbddde9745.jpeg

tapatalk_1574030820701.thumb.jpeg.5fbbb2b8d6d6f1ddc17e2aef8904d18a.jpeg