Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My Hundred Mile an hour Pinball Collecting Journey.

punkin

Yeah, two more are on the way, Sorcerer from the States and Pinball Magic from Melbourne next week to replace the Spiderman that Bill took with him yesterday.

Still looking for a Ripleys and a Space Invaders among others..

Had a shuffle this morning.

pb1.jpg.b53884a6ee68efc8dd9ce7aba5adac9c.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno about that. She used to say i was a 'collector of hobbies'. I've always gone big at my hobbies.

Started with beer when i was in my teens and i can now brew 160l of allgrain in a batch and serve out of the 4 taps in my lounge room. At the same time it was bikes (i have 4 nice ones), then fishing competitively then distilling spirits which i turned into a business.

The mushroom growing came after that and i had a clean air flow bench in my office and a grow room for oysters and shitakes etc.

The pinballs are the latest in a long line of hobbies.

I'm not a crisis type of guy.

Looked at a Transit bus today, I can seat 8 players and cart two pinballs and the esky. I'm anti Ford, but can't find a better solution.

Was a nice van, i think i'll change vehicles in the next few months.

Dunno about that. She used to say i was a 'collector of hobbies'. I've always gone big at my hobbies.

Started with beer when i was in my teens and i can now brew 160l of allgrain in a batch and serve out of the 4 taps in my lounge room. At the same time it was bikes (i have 4 nice ones), then fishing competitively then distilling spirits which i turned into a business.

The mushroom growing came after that and i had a clean air flow bench in my office and a grow room for oysters and shitakes etc.

The pinballs are the latest in a long line of hobbies.

I'm not a crisis type of guy.

Looked at a Transit bus today, I can seat 8 players and cart two pinballs and the esky. I'm anti Ford, but can't find a better solution.

Was a nice van, i think i'll change vehicles in the next few months.

Now that sounds like an idea...I hope the bus has good airbags to take the bumps with little or no damage...

&

I know it may have happened a little while back but I only just noticed...

Where is - Out - Never???

Now that sounds like an idea...I hope the bus has good airbags to take the bumps with little or no damage...

&

I know it may have happened a little while back but I only just noticed...

Where is - Out - Never???

You got me with the never deal, should have known to never say never. I have one machine that just left as i hadn't fallen in love with it, and one (Genie) that i could stand to say goodbye to (or would be happy to trade for a much nicer one).

The bus is a beauty, it's here the one i looked at. i'd like to get one with better value, but that is the style of vehicle.

http://geoffkingmitsubishi.com.au/print-87476-632504.html

Lucky he wasn't a Wayne....King

We had a dealer in Brissy

Mike Hunt Cars....He has been around forever...

Consider the new vans FIAT Etc. are extremely well priced? Not sure about seating options but.

One of my flooring contractors has a long wheel base Merc Sprinter..it has the LS1 V8 motor and seats 6...3 in the original front seats and a 3 seat job from an airplane as cattle class.

Still sticks 2 tonne of tools and flooring crap in the back. Shits on my V8 Caprice and they have the same motor?

Too many options these days...after 15 new cars I now prefer the oldies. I own them. If they break. I fix em...70+ Cars manufacturers in Australia alone....Good Luck

I hate cars but the one thing i need in everything i buy is cool.

The transits are the only ones available here that are a tiny bit cool (only in the back loaf of bread shape).

The rest are uglier still and i'd rather walk than drive them.

It's why i'm into pinball, it's cool.

Yeah, two more are on the way, Sorcerer from the States and Pinball Magic from Melbourne next week to replace the Spiderman that Bill took with him yesterday.

Still looking for a Ripleys and a Space Invaders among others..

Had a shuffle this morning.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154910

Come on! That Lost World should be on the outside so you can see the great paint job! :D

Haha just moved it and put Genie in the firing line so the door chain can't hit my Lost World if someone else opens the roller.

But you may be right, i bought the Lost world off you to make my Sorcerer look pretty when i got it, so i will put your Royal Flush (which someone tried to buy off me today) in the middle there.

MustHaveBeenHungoverPunkin

All good mate. :laugh:

An update there's another coming now as i bought @namastepat s Orbit 1 from him. Guessing Bill'll pick it up next week after he drops Pinball magic off.

Looking for a really nice Space Invaders and a really nice Tales From The Crypt.

All good mate. :laugh:

An update there's another coming now as i bought @namastepat s Orbit 1 from him. Guessing Bill'll pick it up next week after he drops Pinball magic off.

Looking for a really nice Space Invaders and a really nice Tales From The Crypt.

Did you get to play big trevs orbit one at pinfest?

• 2 weeks later...

Well Magic has arrived. Already a hit after a few teething probs.

pb2.jpg.d9a8e82d6e5572a57062e1ebb134c1c2.jpg

Made some really good progress towards the end of next month meet this week. We are having a working bee here on the weekend instead of comp and the work area outside my back door is moving to the other side of the shed so the pinballs can go in there. Met with the carpet guy today and organised the flooring. Met with a local timber guy during the week who is building slab tables for the general seating area.

Have more overhead lighting organised etc. Also i have contacted the graffiti artist that painted my house to do some murals on the area, pinball related of course. Can't wait to see what Ash Johnson comes up with.

This is what's going and where the machines will end up. The gym will go back in where the machines are now.

pb11.jpg.73f9f0d0d5b140bcbb98e6542e7f9ce0.jpg

pb12.jpg.84804e7510a311092c5b611cd6859b8b.jpg

I've always liked the idea of having graffiti art as a backdrop in a man cave. It kinda makes a lot of sense combined with pinball. IMO, it will take the space to another level. Looks like you have a lot of interesting pieces already. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

BTW, congrats on picking up Pinball Magic, great pick up :023: