Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hundred Mile an hour Pinball Collecting Journey.

State
    New South Wales
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)

My Hundred Mile an hour Pinball Collecting Journey.

Or how to buy 10 machines in your first 6 months.

Most here probably know the basics but back in March this year i decided i'd always wanted a pinball machine so i'd get one.
    Researched for a couple days, figured that new was not much more than second hand and in my naivety figured that a new machine wouldn't need any work for a few years to come.

Well Bruce from AMD looked after me extremely well with my Deadpool and it was at my door the next day after deciding that was the one.

Didn't take me long to figure if one was great then two machines would be fantastic!

The Hobbit then arrived shortly after, beautiful HUO machine from a member here. After that things started getting fairly earnest in me chasing unusual and different machines to try to add depth to the collection.

I'm now up to 10 machines (2 still coming) and starting to be a little careful in condition when purchasing.

I'm making contacts with pinball people and i'm learning what sort of standards i can get affordably by relying on the enthusiasm from people that wish to restore and save these machines.Also i'm starting to try hard to play machines before i buy, not 100% successful yet at that as i still rely on research occasionally. I live in a small town and it's a fair way to travel to find places with lots of titles.

The hobby is giving me more satisfaction than any i've had for a few years now and i hope the enthusiasm burns for a long time to come.

Thanks to all those who have accepted, befriended and helped me the last 6 months, the bright parts of my days are when i can return a little of that help in some basic things i know or maybe even pinball things i have picked up from research and learning. My goal is to be able to increase the times i can assist and decrease the amount of times i am asking for help.

Thanks also to AA and the resource that helped me from owning a novelty i knew nothing about to being an active member of the scene and allowing me to dream of expanding from my first machine.

pinball23.JPG
    In; Deadpool Pro, The Hobbit Black Arrow
    Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush, Tommy, Spy Hunter.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Swords of Fury, Theater of Magic, Ripleys Believe It.

State
    Geelong
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)
    Great to hear and I must say you have been one of the most enjoyable new members to join in ages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    Ballarat, Victoria
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    762 Post(s)
    you should post a picture of your collection

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    A great, varied collection of pins too

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    New South Wales
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Bumper Pete View Post
    you should post a picture of your collection
    Here you go mate, waiting on Bill to pick up Spy Hunter and Sorcerer is at Jason's warehouse at Los Angeles waiting for a container to fill.

pb4.jpg

pb3.jpg
    Looking for;

State
    Ballarat, Victoria
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    762 Post(s)
    a great mix of old and new

State
    Townsville
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    793 Post(s)
    Great post and great enthusiasm. It's really good to have a varied collection from a range of eras. Sometimes you are in the mood for a complex ruleset with lots of strategy and other times you want a quick bash on something simple. Also makes a good leveller for competitions or general gameplay with others.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Good collection, EM's SS, DMD, LCD similar collection types to what I've collected over a couple of decades but your collection is only six months.

Gemini2544's 4th Pinball meet Saturday 21/03/2020

State
    New South Wales
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)

Thanks mate, i like machines that are different to others, either play or features or deep modes etc.
    Looking for;

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Great post! I couldn't agree more how cool a forum such of this can be. The things you learn, being exposed to games you never thought you would, the people you meet and the new friendships formed as a result.

Probably somewhere in this there's a poster of you on a billboard with the slogan AA - Pinball is an addiction Seriously though, that's amazing acquiring such a diverse collection and 10 titles already. Do you have a target number or just focusing on whatever takes your fancy with theme/layout/features?

For me, I had a single game for about 5 years, then gained momentum with my collection once we moved into our current home. I guess I've been in the hobby around right on 10 years now and funny enough, literally picked up my 10th game over the weekend.

I'm going to say I'm like the tortoise, and you the hare. The journey is all part of the fun. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information