117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    565 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotty View Post
    I guess you can't pull your hair out on this one
    Nope, having kids caused that issue.

- - - Updated - - -

You said the row 1 switches are working. Are the switches in the column 2 working? Check the white red wire at switch 32 opto sw2 "Under L Gun" if its intact if all other switches in row 1 are working. Then check continuity of Row 1 Green/ Brown to Buy In button "11" to right fire button and also row 2 Green/ red to door interlock switch. See if switches in Row 2 after interlock switch work if they dont not it may be the U2 IC, A quick way of testing is through switch edge test otherwise with a diode check direct from the CPU to ground and that will tell you if your fault is in IC U20 or U 18 on the CPU fault or if it's a physical switch or wire break. IC's can fault in one or more transistors giving a false sense that the fault is on the play field but generally caused by shorting out on the play field. My post sounds confusing but if you understand the switch matrix it should make sense to you.
    Every switch on the machine is working accept for 12 (gun trigger) and 22 (coin door closed).

And I have not changed anything from the way it was before the inside cab restore to afterwards.

I cannot understand how something so minor in 2 x switches not working can consume so much of my time and shit me off so much. It's times like this I wanna take to the machine with a baseball bat!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by robm View Post
    Try and disconnect switches 21 and 22 one at a time separately in switch test. See if that makes any difference and if either of them change behaviour. Given they are both cab switches and the rest in the row are playfield switches I still reckon it is likely to be a wiring or connector issue somewhere.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk
    Will try this and other suggestions tomorrow morning. Thanks Rob and others. Much appreciated. I just wanna figure it out as it's turned into a game between the machine and me and I must defeat it. The same feeling I get after playing GB!

- - - Updated - - -

It could be a diode as it's obviously something small causing the issue that I cannot see.

- - - Updated - - -

Then check continuity of Row 1 Green/ Brown to Buy In button "11" to right fire button and also row 2 Green/ red to door interlock switch.
    Yep did this this arvo when @newy16216 was here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Autosteve View Post
    Well worth watching...

Now I am really confused. Interesting indeed. Got to get my head around the electronics side of it........

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    996 Post(s)
    Mate you have checked in the backbox j207 and j209 to see if you yanked out a wire or two or displaced the plugs a little? Take them out and look at them and reseat.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1351 Post(s)
    If all switches work except 12 and 22 then its likely a physical issue with them or a wire, possibly a diode but to check that unplug the wire off the switch and test the diode and switch action altogether. if it were a matrix issue between the white/red j209 then all switches in row 2 shouldn't work. Look at switch 32 and work back from there. If your going to use a continuity test unplug J207 and J209 from the board first. Then put your leads on plug pins J 207 pin 1 and J 209 pin 2, see if you get continuity and switching by activating the switch if not reverse leads cos of diode then do the same with J 207 pin 2 and J 209 pin 2. If all is ok then do this test in switch test on the DMD with plugs installed. Use a methodical approach. But using a diode on a lead across the CPU of both J207 and J209 is the best test as it will show where your issue is.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    565 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinball god View Post
    Mate you have checked in the backbox j207 and j209 to see if you yanked out a wire or two or displaced the plugs a little? Take them out and look at them and reseat.
    Yes done that mate & all good.

Problem still exists.
    Last edited by Glenn70; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:22 PM.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    565 Post(s)

A big thank you to all that replied but problem solved with some paid assistance. It was a white/red wire in the J7 connector on the coin door board. Although the wire appeared in the connector all the way, it was loose. It was removed, cut and re-inserted using a PANCON tool. Fixed the issue and other small issues we found. Machine now all good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information