Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Australian Pinball Association

razorsedge

Australian Pinball Association  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Australian Pinball Association

• Yes, an A.P.A. would be welcomed, and beneficial for pinball.
    • No, an A.P.A. would be a waste of time, and not beneficial for pinball.

I've occasionslly wondered to myself about Australia having its own Pinball Association, maybe something similar to P.A.P.A., for Amatuer and Proffesional pinballers alike. I thought now was a good time to post the thought. Without getting into how or whom....

Poll...

Q. Could Australian pinball use a national pinball organisation, to help facilitate and/or record events and gatherings, for all Australian pinball enthusiasts?

Edited by razorsedge

No interest from me on this one, Ray, already overworked on this hobby and not putting my hand up for more work.

Same for me, I can't do it. I'm spent from what I already do, and that will have to be wound back a bit.

The poll was just about weather or not there is much of a void. Not about whom would be doing it. I have noticed too many pinheads avoiding organised pinball events, so wondered about how some of them might be brought together to join in the fun of playing pinball a bit more socially :)

If the poll read "Do you have the time or inclination to start an A.P.A." I would answer no.

But assuming an Australian organisation of some kind was formed for social pinball, would it be welcomed?. The answer from me in this case would be yes.

I don't really know, I'm just a bit overworked and beat, I'm sure it's like that for many of us..

Australian Pinball Assocition

Same for me, I can't do it. I'm spent from what I already do, and that will have to be wound back a bit.

The poll was just about weather or not there is much of a void. Not about whom would be doing it. I have noticed too many pinheads avoiding organised pinball events, so wondered about how some of them might be brought together to join in the fun of playing pinball a bit more socially :)

If the poll read "Do you have the time or inclination to start an A.P.A." I would answer no.

But assuming an Australian organisation of some kind was formed for social pinball, would it be welcomed?. The answer from me in this case would be yes.

I don't really know, I'm just a bit overworked and beat, I'm sure it's like that for many of us..

It was floated quite some time ago and I recently found the original minutes from a meeting that was held while rummaging around the barn cleaning up.

Would need input from each state and NOT be about comps, but the scene in general.

I for one think the comp side is sorted.

So Newcastle already has the NPA, QLD has the BAPC

TAS has the TPM

SA ?

WA ?

VIC ?

Would suggest “if” there was an APA, getting the heads or some members of the state groups together.

Maybe like the ACS,but, events for public interest, ala Pinfest can be floated for other states with help.

PS

I’m currently too busy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The glitch in the matrix is definitely Sydney. We got 1500+ people to come to expo, and that was before Facebook advertising was as effective as it is now.

You’d have to think a large scale event in Sydney would attract at least 2000 punters over a weekend, possibly more.

The sticking point is venues. Pinfest only works because the venue is free, find something similar in Sydney and it’d be a goer.

As @sleazius has said above getting something in Sydney is hard to do because all the spaces want mega bucks for a weekend hire. I’m talking $2k a day type material and there’s no allowance for bump ins on that either! I know a place close to the inner city where I could put something really small on but it’s light on power and access is horrible the venue would be free though. Location, locarion, location as the real estate saying goes.

Yeah but as we say in Newcastle, Sydney isn’t NSW.

Even we struggle to get a bigger venue. Not gonna happen.

By grow pinball, I mean start the smaller events in and around the ****ry.

Also I forgot about Flipout in Vic. It’s around early Pinfest size, but unfortunately the comps got hold of it.

Also I forgot about Flipout in Vic. It’s around early Pinfest size, but unfortunately the comps got hold of it.

Absolutely agree, it’s just scale that you can get out of holding events in Sydney, which grows things faster.

Speaking with Michael from AMD over the weekend the man cave expo was cancelled because they couldn’t find a way to make it work here and that was with 10 thousand attendees a year, and endless sponsors.

MMM did all their radio for nothing too.

I'd really like to organise some kind of expo at Coffs Harbour. We have enough local collectors and operators to seed it, as you guys are saying it's the venue though. Seems to be a lot of shows at the showground here, it's on the highway and i'm assuming there's halls and stuff and a bar.

Absolutely agree, it’s just scale that you can get out of holding events in Sydney, which grows things faster.

Speaking with Michael from AMD over the weekend the man cave expo was cancelled because they couldn’t find a way to make it work here and that was with 10 thousand attendees a year, and endless sponsors.

MMM did all their radio for nothing too.

Wow how bad is that! 10k attendees and you can’t make an event work there is seriously something wrong with the world when stuff like that happens! I’d like to do something similar to pinfest it’s the venues that are wanting too much for the space. It’s just ludicrous! 2k a day for space in a pub.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd really like to organise some kind of expo at Coffs Harbour. We have enough local collectors and operators to seed it, as you guys are saying it's the venue though. Seems to be a lot of shows at the showground here, it's on the highway and i'm assuming there's halls and stuff and a bar.

From what I know off Coffs you might be good to try and get into the Hoey Moey (from memory they’ve got a big space but $$ might dictate that). But from looking at the photos you’ve got of your pin area (it in your work place yeah?) you have plenty of space to start something small and then grow year to year until you out grow your space. The benefits of that is you’ve got all your insurances paid up and you can do with what you want and more than likely you can run as late as you want pending neighbours.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Sydney is certainly a different beast! Yeah comps have ravaged anything that’s social. I know last year people didn’t come to the barn because it was a social event! Oh I can’t get my magically WPRs I’m not coming to play the best collection of machines out there!