Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 3 ~ Black Tiger (closes 6-Oct)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pessimeister: 349, 450

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154154

The weapon upgrade made all the difference in finally beating level 4. Bit of a breakthrough run; made it to the dual wielding Draconian at the end of level 5 but couldn't hurt him. The atmosphere of this level made me think of Anor Londo from Dark Souls.

Dark Souls, now that's a great game. Just as frustrating as this game!!!!

• Super Moderator

Participation score no. 3

Must find the druid and get more flagons! The brown rum is my favourite, not much into the blue curacao. Amour and chucky recoil thingys are no good unless you're juiced up!

blkt0013.png.ba8ba1a1ded5f14ce8028dbf732958bc.png

Participation score no. 3

Must find the druid and get more flagons! The brown rum is my favourite, not much into the blue curacao. Amour and chucky recoil thingys are no good unless you're juiced up!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154414

Officially my favorite post maker at AA at this point. For whatever that’s worth.

Pessimeister: 379, 050

0015.png.6bd008165b74dbc1f9e534f44bdb63c5.png

Got him down to one bar but lost the battle of final blows. Grr! :092:

I also tested out the C64 conversion this evening. Obviously it's simpler but the exploration aspect has been preserved and it's just as tough. I barely got half way through the second level! :) Here's a playthrough for those curious:

Have a listen to that soaring melody by Mark Tait. Beautiful! I like it more than the coin-op first level music actually. The dungeon music is true to the source and the shopkeeper tune still cracks me up! (Rock it medieval style baby!)

Pessimeister: 379, 050

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154464

Got him down to one bar but lost the battle of final blows. Grr! :092:

I also tested out the C64 conversion this evening. Obviously it's simpler but the exploration aspect has been preserved and it's just as tough. I barely got half way through the second level! :) Here's a playthrough for those curious:

Have a listen to that soaring melody by Mark Tait. Beautiful! I like it more than the coin-op first level music actually. The dungeon music is true to the source and the shopkeeper tune still cracks me up! (Rock it medieval style baby!)

For those that weren’t around in the 80s - this is an excellent example of how the home computer experience could emulate arcades.

It was the excellence of the NES that killed arcades.

For me, I was a US High School freshman in 85/86. So I was getting out of the arcades just as I was more interested in dating.

As the NES blossomed, I was more into BBS/XChanges for C64/Amiga whilst keeping occupied with Sega home consoles.

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade

Pessimeister: 476, 500

0016.png.f0dd803113209e3e77bad7f5b73f45c2.png

It felt amazing to finally beat the Draconian. I confess there was fist-pumping. :D Not sure if I'll be able to repeat it though! Explored level 6, made it to the red dragon as well but was coldly murdered by the clock with two of his health bars remaining.