Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tekken 2 Arcade Machine.

JD_

Question

Hi Guys,

New to the forum. but a month or so ago i purchased a tekken 2 Arcade machine at a garage sale. got it for Cheap due to the screen not tuning properly. i have a reasonably limited understanding of electronics but thought it a good project to force me to learn more.

I'm an electrician by trade, so decided to check the basic's for continuity of all the linking wires etc. the CRT monitor is driven by an Pentranic CH-288, upon inspection/testing the board the vast majority of the capacitors were leaking and failing their correct uF, so i got a schematic and purchased all the capacitors i required and resoldered new operational ones in (yes in the correct Polarity). Reinstalled the board but it still has the exact same problem. so now i wish to expand my knowledge further in an attempt to rectify the problem. so hopefully one of you fine gentleman can point me in the right direction.

Basically the picture is split half and half on the screen. (left hand picture on the right and vice versa) and the monitor has horizontal white lines through it. i will attach a picture below.

Game board is a namco System 11

https://imgur.com/a/tPjk8vE

3 answers to this question

the white lines can be adjusted by turning down the "screen" pot on the flyback transformer

as to the screen split in half check all ground connections to chassis including ground connection to neck board from tube

try adjusting horizontal hold pot?

Otherwise chassis fault somewhere?

So, I went back through and checked the connections again. everything was OK, but i ended up deciding to go a little further and pull the Namco System 11 board apart and give everything inside a clean. quite a few of the chips had all the conductive legs covered over with dust which i cleaned. and one solder joint looked a little dodgy so i redone it just incase, plugged it all back in and away she goes! monitor just needs a little bit of colour adjustment and she will be perfect! :D