Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

To wax or not to wax a modern Stern playfields

Rob1966

Question

I know most people wax their EMs but I

was just wondering if anyone waxes their Stern play fields for protection?

I’m asking because I use mr sheen on my Stern Kiss but I don’t like the black lines that you get at the bottom of the play fields from the ball return lanes off the balls being drained, and was thinking mabye waxing even just that area for a bit more protection as the mr sheen only cleans it but doesn’t protect it from leaving permanent lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 answers to this question

I have waxed every Stern i have owned, even straight out of the box before play.

I only ever use Mr Sheen followed by a light coat of mothers Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax Paste, it is non abrasive which will not harm the playfield whatsoever. Enjoy the sweet smell afterwards :D

I think people spend too much time scrubbing when they clean. Vaccum the playfield often and wax to protect. Make sure that you wax on and off don't leave wax on the pf. Mr sheen is great too but I read it's good only on cleared playfields because if it's not cleared the silicone makes it difficult for paint touch ups later on.

Everyone has a different idea when it comes to cleaning and waxing...

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

No need to wax modern Sterns mate.

I fail to understand the use of Mr sheen, sorry guys that stuff if poo for pinball.

Might as well spray WD40 over your flipper plunger rod. :(

Novus 1 is best

And I have a killer synthetic product that I sometimes apply lightly every year or so

This shit is unreal

No need to wax modern Sterns mate.

I fail to understand the use of Mr sheen, sorry guys that stuff if poo for pinball.

Might as well spray WD40 over your flipper plunger rod. :(

Novus 1 is best

And I have a killer synthetic product that I sometimes apply lightly every year or so

This shit is unreal

What is the synthetic product?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk