Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I haven't played Mario Kart for ages so when the kids wanted a four player game last night I was keen to jump in and kick some butt.

I'm not sure what has happened as they have got older, did they get faster or have I become slower?

To their delight, I only won one race out of twenty. To my delight, we had a great time together with an awesome game on a great device, the Nintendo DS.

I think we will be back at this tonight for a rematch.

999382959_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1554947739.828609.thumb.jpg.5f7a2556315c844883ff5b95f322b4c9.jpg

A few generations of DS here, from left to right:

littlebigredbird's DS

son1ofbigredbird's 3DSXL

son2ofbigredbird's 3DS

bigredbird's DSi

Learn how to snake and then watch them cry as you repeatedly beat them :)

I remember using a Christmas holidays to teach myself to snake. I played for hours each day to get good enough to beat all the Japanese people I would be matched up with. Once you master snaking and can continually boost when going down straights, it totally changes the game.

Learn how to snake and then watch them cry as you repeatedly beat them :)

Good tip, but they already know how to do that. :)

Also, they are a bit big to cry now.

I think that's why I enjoyed it so much. As they got older and aren't around as much the fun multiplayer times we have are getting further apart.

I'm looking forward to a few more sessions while they are all still home and are still into it.