Thread: New ghostbusters code release

State
    Sunny Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    716 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capsule View Post
    Block the outlanes too when you're at it.
    yes champion!

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emken View Post
    Hallelujah !!!!!! New code . Maybe i can kick its butt for a change .
    Yep long over due hey Ken. I can't wait!

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    996 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emken View Post
    Hallelujah !!!!!! New code . Maybe i can kick its butt for a change .
    I heard new code is getting rid of ball save times like munsters, magna slings throw the ball to the outlane, mass hysteria mode is at the start of each ball and generally ball times are down to 5 seconds. So time for you to move on you gb lol

State
    New South Wales
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I'm really looking forward to this - I love my GB, but have always felt it's lacking that little something. I definitely noticed straight away when I played the first game on it that I couldn't actually see my score on the screen at any time. I really hope they have at least fixed that, it's a pretty glaring fault.

I wonder if they'll re-balance the scoring too I'm sure everyone who owns this has either:

1) Had an extremely long, seemingly high scoring game and finished with something very underwhelming
    2) Had what they thought to be a fairly average game, but finished with a monumentally high score

I think the highest score I had was 4 billion, which was 2 billion more than the previous record - but still really have no idea how I got it... I also can't get anywhere near it again.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    996 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceemunkey View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this - I love my GB, but have always felt it's lacking that little something. I definitely noticed straight away when I played the first game on it that I couldn't actually see my score on the screen at any time. I really hope they have at least fixed that, it's a pretty glaring fault.

I wonder if they'll re-balance the scoring too I'm sure everyone who owns this has either:

1) Had an extremely long, seemingly high scoring game and finished with something very underwhelming
    2) Had what they thought to be a fairly average game, but finished with a monumentally high score

I think the highest score I had was 4 billion, which was 2 billion more than the previous record - but still really have no idea how I got it... I also can't get anywhere near it again.
    You probably had the playfield multipliers going like 6x and maybe playing stay puft mode or a multiball or something similar. Gb is like an old steam engine, slow to start with but once you get up enough steam it'll run away on you @Glenn70

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    565 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinball god View Post
    You probably had the playfield multipliers going like 6x and maybe playing stay puft mode or a multiball or something similar. Gb is like an old steam engine, slow to start with but once you get up enough steam it'll run away on you @Glenn70
    Yeah yeah, true. But I cannot get anywhere near the billion mark. Maybe I don't play GB often enough?

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    996 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn70 View Post
    Yeah yeah, true. But I cannot get anywhere near the billion mark. Maybe I don't play GB often enough?
    But like I keep saying to you, a big is not necessarily made by playing for n hour. You'll get there sooner than later

State
    Blacktown
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)
    I’ve recently picked one up and am enjoying it. The left loop is TIGHT but shootable. The code isn’t too bad as it stands but agree the SOUPER JACKPOT call outs for 2m is a bit over the top! But what do you do. I’ve gotten to we came we saw we kicked it’s ass a couple of times and enjoy it. Don’t think it’s a keeper but it’s certainly better than the bagging it gets but I’m thinking that’s because of the plastic mods that go over the top of the inlanes and the pin mod for the HUGE flipper gap
    In: Houdini, Iron man, RZ, SWLE, TWDLE, Whitewater, WOZ and Xmen
    Out: Avengers Hulk, BOP, BSD, Demo man, Elvis, Flintstones, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Frankenstein, The Getaway:HS2, Gorgar, Grand Slam, Hobbit, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, METPrem, Roadshow, Shadow, Spider-Man, STTNG, WCS, Wheel of Fortune, Wild life, WWELE

State
    N/A
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    code update adds some nice features - the "Are you a God" is awesome and hope they make it into a mini fun game from the start button say if holding the flipper button in on pressing the Start Button

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483271018?t=00h43m14s

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    996 Post(s)

code update was all about refining the feel and flow of the game and making it easier. The easier part is where I take some issue. Dwight again has maybe gone to the extreme like he did with Munsters. The saving grace is you can override a lot of these changes via settings.

The pluses for me are
    Final Mode included
    Librarian mode
    Better mass hysteria notifications
    Supers loops and PKE modes aren't ruined by the stacking with multiball modes and dunno about scoleri brothers
    Added callouts and graphics
    minor tweaks and fixes

negatives
    can add up to 5 ball saves per ball, hell the ecto siren will drive you mad
    can bail out of modes via slimer hits or lose the ball
    No slimer multiball

Overall happy to see the update and will play it factory for awhile, but will probably tone it down via settings if hitting the Are you a God too often

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information