Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New ghostbusters code release

pinball god

I just dunno what is the go with the flipper gap? I can get in the billions regularly and I'm no superstar in pinball play. What gb forced me to learn was the good ol live catch. Does cftbl cause people real problems? It's got the Trudeau flipper gap as do his other titles I believe like wwe, black Rose, bride of pinbot etc. I like the current code so hope the new stuff will make it even more enjoyable

Hallelujah !!!!!! New code . Maybe i can kick its butt for a change .

I heard new code is getting rid of ball save times like munsters, magna slings throw the ball to the outlane, mass hysteria mode is at the start of each ball and generally ball times are down to 5 seconds. So time for you to move on you gb lol

I'm really looking forward to this - I love my GB, but have always felt it's lacking that little something. I definitely noticed straight away when I played the first game on it that I couldn't actually see my score on the screen at any time. I really hope they have at least fixed that, it's a pretty glaring fault. :)

I wonder if they'll re-balance the scoring too I'm sure everyone who owns this has either:

1) Had an extremely long, seemingly high scoring game and finished with something very underwhelming

2) Had what they thought to be a fairly average game, but finished with a monumentally high score

I think the highest score I had was 4 billion, which was 2 billion more than the previous record - but still really have no idea how I got it... I also can't get anywhere near it again. :blink:

I'm really looking forward to this - I love my GB, but have always felt it's lacking that little something. I definitely noticed straight away when I played the first game on it that I couldn't actually see my score on the screen at any time. I really hope they have at least fixed that, it's a pretty glaring fault. :)

I wonder if they'll re-balance the scoring too I'm sure everyone who owns this has either:

1) Had an extremely long, seemingly high scoring game and finished with something very underwhelming

2) Had what they thought to be a fairly average game, but finished with a monumentally high score

I think the highest score I had was 4 billion, which was 2 billion more than the previous record - but still really have no idea how I got it... I also can't get anywhere near it again. :blink:

You probably had the playfield multipliers going like 6x and maybe playing stay puft mode or a multiball or something similar. Gb is like an old steam engine, slow to start with but once you get up enough steam it'll run away on you @Glenn70

You probably had the playfield multipliers going like 6x and maybe playing stay puft mode or a multiball or something similar. Gb is like an old steam engine, slow to start with but once you get up enough steam it'll run away on you @Glenn70

Yeah yeah, true. But I cannot get anywhere near the billion mark. Maybe I don't play GB often enough?

I’ve recently picked one up and am enjoying it. The left loop is TIGHT but shootable. The code isn’t too bad as it stands but agree the SOUPER JACKPOT call outs for 2m is a bit over the top! But what do you do. I’ve gotten to we came we saw we kicked it’s ass a couple of times and enjoy it. Don’t think it’s a keeper but it’s certainly better than the bagging it gets but I’m thinking that’s because of the plastic mods that go over the top of the inlanes and the pin mod for the HUGE flipper gap

code update was all about refining the feel and flow of the game and making it easier. The easier part is where I take some issue. Dwight again has maybe gone to the extreme like he did with Munsters. The saving grace is you can override a lot of these changes via settings.

The pluses for me are

Final Mode included

Librarian mode

Better mass hysteria notifications

Supers loops and PKE modes aren't ruined by the stacking with multiball modes and dunno about scoleri brothers

Added callouts and graphics

minor tweaks and fixes

negatives

can add up to 5 ball saves per ball, hell the ecto siren will drive you mad

can bail out of modes via slimer hits or lose the ball

No slimer multiball

Overall happy to see the update and will play it factory for awhile, but will probably tone it down via settings if hitting the Are you a God too often

I think the best part is video mode has been removed from skill shot. Made for a terrible tournament game.

Never noticed or had this happen for me. I should look out for it before it's gone. Just had a fame and got to we believe. I find the original more challenging than the new just hitting captive balls etc. The only problem with the old mode was the bug disabling of the scoops and draining the the last ball in play. The ball search couldn't kick out the locked balls.

Hi Guys, for anybody in Sydney who wants to experience the new GB code, we just updated our Ghostbusters with the 1.16 'super code' at Young Henry's Brewery HQ in Newtown (76 Wilford St).

I didn't get a lot of time to play many games on the new code, but from what I saw it looks very promising. One big improvement I noticed they have made is to implement some extra ball saves, which I think helps remove some of the previous frustrations playing the game.

Will need to change some settings for me, a little too easy. If you wanna play stay puft mode, simple start who brought the dog and complete it on the first ball and then just start spook central. If you lose the ball that mode is completed. Next ball start gozer the gozerian mode and complete it or lose the ball. The next ball stay puft is lit and go for it. BTW gozer mode is very easy now to finish, no need for right ramp shot anymore.