Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

After a Little Guidance on Using Matchplay

punkin

Had a great ol chat with Dan yesterday and he gave me some top advice on organising the tournaments here better using matchplay.

I already had an account as a player but chipped in to upgrade the account for the extra features and have read all the way through the handbook.

One thing i don't remember seeing and can't find looking is Dan was telling me it's possible to run a dummy or test tournament to get some practice in using the software and to train a scorekeeper.

Can anyone help me with some general advice and specifically if that is an option in Matchplay?

- - - Updated - - -

Cancel that i found it. Still interested in any general advice or links on getting better at being a TD.

Yes mate, thanks i found it and edited my post above. Adding in the arenas now. Not sure about adding players, should i just ask them to register with me on the day and i add their names?

I'm assuming then matchplay will make an account for them?

- - - Updated - - -

One more question, i liked the sunday comp at Bennies where they had match play with the first 4 to reach 32 points being assigned a final spot. This is how we've been doing it here sort of.

I can only find number of rounds in 'duration' doesn't seem tpo have that option.

Would @chopchop be doing this manually or is there a setting to get the software to do it for you?

I haven't done it myself, but I would assume that you would set Duration to "No set duration" - the tournament will keep running round after round until you stop it - you stop it when the right amount of people are at the target points.

You can also view some of the settings that people use for their tournaments on matchplay.

Here's some of the settings they used at Benny's:

https://matchplay.events/live/27vz1/config

Thanks mate, i appreciate it. This is a crash course for me as i will be using it for tomorrows Sunday Silverball.

Looks like Johns doing 1 round and then adding another when he adds scores. That'll work i guess.

aaah wait, that's only a 6 player one, maybe a houseball or something. I'll do a search.

Hi Garry, great to see you posting and asking for help.

When entering players in MatchPlay, the players IFPA profile number should come up if they are in the system. If not, don't worry. They will be matched up once results are in, or if they don't have an IFPA profile yet, they will receive one once the results have been approved for IFPA WPPR (World Pinball Player Rankings) inclusion.

A new player may not always appear or count toward the tournaments points until they have played in 5 tournaments.

New players, who receive an IFPA profile after the tournament has been included for WPPR'S, should go to the IFPA website and register their IFPA number officially using the below link:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/user-profile/

Players should occasionally check if they have duplicate accounts or whether some of their events are missing or gone to another person with a similar name. Check first using the below link, before officially registering using the user profile link provided above.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/players/find.php

Thanks Dan, i'm starting with matchplay and i'll figure the IFPA stuff later down the track. Most of my guys are not worried about points at this stage.

Found the team of Freeballers i took with me to Bennies the first time so i've added them. I'll add the others to Matchplay on the day.

Just hoping John will chime in on how he manages the one at Bennies. If i can emulate that and learn how to manage it half as well and stress free as he does my group will content.

Hi there! On a plane right now and finally we have wifi in Australia.

I do the group Matchplay as per suggested with “no set duration”.

I also set up a second comp page called “xxxx finals”

As each round progresses you just check the “standings” page and as people reach the target of 32 or whatever is set, deactivate them on the main page, and then add their name the “xxx finals” page. Easy as that! When you have you 8 you can close the first page, and just use the “finals” one

Hope that helps.

It certainly has John, hopefully that's the last piece of the puzzle for me.

I'll get a few practice rounds in before the big November Tweed Challenge so i'll hopefully be dialed in by then.

I appreciate all the help here and also the feedback from the Freeballers that i could be doing better. Sometimes that's the only motivation to improve and glad i could respond.

Trying to figure out how to add a scorer now. It won't let me add someone who i have already listed as a player, i think they have not registered on the matchplay website even though they have previous tourneys and an IFPA number the program is asking me for their matchplay id # and not bringing them up in a search even though they were found when i was looking for players.

Glad i ran a couple of tests. Took me a while to figure out how to add scores simply etc. i also found that after you close the tourney it links a button to create playoffs, so that will solve me having to do the setup the day before with a separate tourney name.

This software is tops, i'm loving how easy it is.

My scorer was wanting to resign but i bet he's back in again now.

After a Little Guidance on Using Matchplay

Thanks, i'll search it up.

http://tiltforums.com/t/match-play-events-open-thread/958/3

This the one?

Yep, it is long and very detailed, but all the tricky questions are answered there. You’ll get a good feel for it.

Don’t forget andreas is updating the code all the time. The thread started a long time ago, there are a lot of new features and support since the early wuestions and comments.

Well won and run. I had already created a finals round and it seemed that it ran the finals and the final round concurrently and we scored for both i think within the series?

Capture201.thumb.JPG.9c28bff713b5aff61a14c6db9475e115.JPG

Not sure there's a way to delete the second result or whether i'm just reading it wrong but it seems to have awarded double points.

Nah, doesn't happen the late part. 1pm sharp, not here you missed out.

Got the leave early bit figured as that's how i rested myself while the other finalists were being sorted.

Shouldn't have had the attitude adjuster while resting though as the mojo went out the window and i went from first to 3rd once the finals were on.:lol

A bit of a technical computer related question, but i am on an old windows based computer and if a i wanted to mount a flat scree telly out in the pinball area and then open the big screen view of Matchpaly on the outside TV. My old computer hasn't got a way to broadcast things, and i'd really like to avoid running cable out.

I've heard of things like chromecast but not sure exactly what they do, is there a thing like a plug in device that will go in my computer with a device on the other end to go in a monitor?

I'd rather buy a $100 second hand flatscreen and make a wall mount than buy a $1000 smart tv.

Which one do i want to run a tv as a monitor? I have a 32" as my monitor now and it runs on a vga cable, is that the easiest one to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Another question is once i make my computer capable of wifi projection how do i keep it secure? Just by using a password on the wifi device or is there another way to broadcast only the tab i want and it won't allow traffic back into the computer?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-WiFi-HD-Adapter-PC-to-HDMI-VGA-HDTV-converter-transmitter-Airbridge-Wireless/401855664717?hash=item5d9076d24d:g:7PMAAOSwCg9dXQrH

says i need a wireless card in my PC too. ****.

- - - Updated - - -

lan.JPG.f12de0b86d50be49c1a10746d3e21cf7.JPG

Seems like i'll have to cable to it. I don't want to spend $00's just so my players don't have to monitor matchplay on their phones.

Just tried searching myself... (should have done it before I typed...)

Looks like things have changed, nowadays all the stuff that's coming up is to do with chromcast/apple/etc rubbish, all you really need is a replacement for a VGA or HDMI cable that's wireless, not all the other stuff like needing wireless cards on your pc etc....

Something similar to this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IR-4K-Wireless-HDMI-Transmitter-Receiver-Video-5-8GHz-350m-AV-Sender-Extender-AZ/113546871495?epid=26026920234&hash=item1a6febc2c7:m:mTVUUXo4gZtuV2_rUJRpRHg

BUT all the ones I'm currently finding are around $100..... back when I got one over 10 years ago it was only $30, and I used it to have a DVD player (and then later Foxtel box) in one room which would transmit the image and it could then be received in multiple rooms to show on other TVs.

Which one do i want to run a tv as a monitor? I have a 32" as my monitor now and it runs on a vga cable, is that the easiest one to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Another question is once i make my computer capable of wifi projection how do i keep it secure? Just by using a password on the wifi device or is there another way to broadcast only the tab i want and it won't allow traffic back into the computer?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-WiFi-HD-Adapter-PC-to-HDMI-VGA-HDTV-converter-transmitter-Airbridge-Wireless/401855664717?hash=item5d9076d24d:g:7PMAAOSwCg9dXQrH

says i need a wireless card in my PC too. ****.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153671

Seems like i'll have to cable to it. I don't want to spend $00's just so my players don't have to monitor matchplay on their phones.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

IMG_3244.thumb.jpg.8f69b480a52c66e6475a885ab0d4da78.jpg

No but the theory is the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I think i'll just run a cable as there is a cable in now for the ethernet. I'll just run it out the same hole but it will limit the mounting areas to the small room rather than the main pinball section. seating is mostly in the small room any way.