Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Elvira 3 Confirmed

Benny

15500 plus shipping is close enough to 16K for this LE.

It looks like a PRO playfield, i mean really people, c'mon.

No playfield upgrades,

No topper,

No quality control with clear pooling for free.

And BTW they won't replace your playfield if you have issues.

And the real bonus is an awesome air ball creating VUK bound to chew up that soft clear playfield in quick time.

Better buy a lifetime supply of mylar.

No frigging way $tern !! Line in sand has been drawn.

Edit. And Oh yeah, No 3 bank drop targets :confused:

Edited by Smithy

$13500 premium $15500 LE.....:o

Buy 2x at that price...

- - - Updated - - -

15500 plus shipping is close enough to 16K for this LE.

It looks like a PRO playfield, i mean really people, c'mon.

No playfield upgrades,

No topper,

No quality control with clear pooling for free.

And BTW they won't replace your playfield if you have issues.

And the real bonus is an awesome air ball creating VUK bound to chew up that soft clear playfield in quick time.

Better buy a lifetime supply of mylar.

No frigging way $tern !! Line in sand has been drawn.

Edit. And Oh yeah, No 3 bank drop targets :confused:

I’m pretty sure you’ll find stern have been replacing playfields what what I’ve read

this game looks like fun but man the price here in Aus just doesn't make sense...

in the US the prices are these as MSRP as a guide

September / 2019 / Elvira House of Horrors / Premium / $7999

September / 2019 / Elvira House of Horrors / LE (400 only) / $9599

September / 2019 / Elvira House of Horrors / Signature Edition ( ? only) / Call For Price

July / 2019 / Jurassic Park / Pro / $5999

July / 2019 / Jurassic Park/ Premium / $7599

July / 2019 / Jurassic Park / LE (500 of) / $8999

but here in Aus

The Jurassic Premium is $11500 and then the premium for the Elvira is $13500, not sure how a $400 USD increase in MSRP turns into $2000 Aus increase.

19-9-19

USD = AUD is

$1 = $1.47

$400 difference = $590 AUD which is a 1/3 of the $2000

Lucky GB came out with new code today..

this game looks like fun but man the price here in Aus just doesn't make sense...

September / 2019 / Elvira House of Horrors / Signature Edition ( ? only) / Call For Price

but here in Aus

The Jurassic Premium is $11500 and then the premium for the Elvira is $13500, not sure how a $400 USD increase in MSRP turns into $2000 Aus increase.

19-9-19

USD = AUD is

$1 = $1.47

With 32 LE's and 3 Signature Editions landing in AUD this price increase will need to stop otherwise people will not be purchasing any machine from any distributor.

These older games that have been released over the years is most probably within peoples price range now and not these new games, disappointing as it is just a game.

- Con

same conversation every price rise but people keep buying!

But is it the same people? Many newcomers to the hobby don't know any different and shy away from used games because the price difference is only a couple of grand in some cases. I know of a friend who just purchased 2 NIB's has never been into pinball and wanted to furnish a room in his new house. He saw 25 y/o games and said I can buy new for a few "k" more so that's what he did and is oblivious to all the code and gameplay banter on all forums because he has no idea they exist. These are the type of people who are keeping pinball companies in business.

same conversation every price rise but people keep buying!

Yeah not this time.

I know of 5 regular LE buyers in Adelaide alone that have said F U Stern and your price hikes.

Their BOM keeps getting lower but prices keep rising. Hard pass for many I’m guessing.

But is it the same people? Many newcomers to the hobby don't know any different and shy away from used games because the price difference is only a couple of grand in some cases. I know of a friend who just purchased 2 NIB's has never been into pinball and wanted to furnish a room in his new house. He saw 25 y/o games and said I can buy new for a few "k" more so that's what he did and is oblivious to all the code and gameplay banter on all forums because he has no idea they exist. These are the type of people who are keeping pinball companies in business.

no idea, but they keep testing the waters with higher prices (which may or may not be justified, I can't speculate on overhead) and prices keep going up, and the games keep getting bought.

Does it matter who it is? :(

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah not this time.

I know of 5 regular LE buyers in Adelaide alone that have said F U Stern and your price hikes.

Their BOM keeps getting lower but prices keep rising. Hard pass for many I’m guessing.

I look forward to when the market completely rejects the pricing, but will that be only in certain countries due to exchange rate etc... might be more pricing jack ups that can be handled in the American Market. How big a consumer as a whole are we? Sorry, so off topic

100% correct. And let's keep posting on forums 'take my money' or I'll pay anything for a slayer etc. I'm sure stern and newbies read and hear some of this stuff and to get a real feel for what's going on. They see LE people using pricing as a status symbol I reckon. I've been out of le's since gb because of the silly hype mentality and just hand over whatever it takes. And don't tell me this bragging syndrome hasn't effected the used market pricing so yes a nib price doesn't look so bad to a newbie.

I put a price limit on fun and that's why I don't buy BMW's anymore and that sliding scale has now hit the pinball hobby. I can't see prices going south on nib anytime soon

What if stern dropped prices by 2k or more would it not hurt many out there with existing collections?

100% correct. And let's keep posting on forums 'take my money' or I'll pay anything for a slayer etc. I'm sure stern and newbies read and hear some of this stuff and to get a real feel for what's going on. They see LE people using pricing as a status symbol I reckon. I've been out of le's since gb because of the silly hype mentality and just hand over whatever it takes. And don't tell me this bragging syndrome hasn't effected the used market pricing so yes a nib price doesn't look so bad to a newbie.

I put a price limit on fun and that's why I don't buy BMW's anymore and that sliding scale has now hit the pinball hobby. I can't see prices going south on nib anytime soon

What if stern dropped prices by 2k or more would it not hurt many out there with existing collections?

totally agree, but it's not just Stern testing the waters as there is only a $400 difference in the premiums for a Jurassic and Elivra yet the Aussie Distributor have cranked up the price difference by triple to $2000 more when the last game premium that only came out 2 months ago and hasn't hit our shores yet.

to top it off there games have playfield chipping / pooling - so a lot of coin for an expensive product where the quality is dropping. I got a B66 late last year and on the first day at home after 6 games noticed quite a bit of pooling around the posts for a new game that is on the same level as this game but these prices keeps going up insanely.

That's exactly how i got into it. Not really interested in any of the titles that have come from any manufacturer since i bought my Deadpool though, so it makes no diff to me. If one gets released that i want (not looking likely) i'll wait a year and buy a HUO.

But as a recent newbie i was in exactly the situation described. I was thinking that a NIB would mean less maintenance (naive i know) so the couple grand between the pro and a second hand machine was a no brainer in that state of knowledge.

Of course i read on line reviews etc that's how i found this place.

I'd registered with AMD my interest in an LE many months ago. Just had a call from Bruce asking if I wanted to place my order. I passed, far too expensive for what is on offer. A blatant attempt by Stern to cash in. Hopefully this machine doesn't sell well and Stern get the message, but who am I kinding when it's all about maximising profit.

That's a huge swing from your long excited post two days ago.

Very true, i have since edited that post.

I was shell shocked when LE price was revealed :o

The game has a lot going on, I'm so 50/50 at this time mainly because of possible PF problems. I plan to make final decision this weekend.

Very true, i have since edited that post.

I was shell shocked when LE price was revealed. I plan to make final decision this weekend.

Give it a LOT of thought Ando and decide with your Head not your Heart.

Logic has to come into play on this one, surely.

Look at what YOU get for 16K...… YES 16K mate.

Then think about Gary and his 179 Harleys and your contribution to his next one.

Stern isn't a lifestyle brand, It's a profit maximising company going in the wrong direction for us Aus consumers.

but here in Aus

19-9-19

USD = AUD is

$1 = $1.47

I'm sure someone will blame it on GST. But you also have to remember the US Street price is lower than msrp... No one there is paying that Edited by Ryza

I'm sure someone will blame it on GST. But you also have to remember the US Street price is lower than msrp... No one there is playing that

yeah the MSRP is only a good guide for us Aussies as it is a baseline, though using the MSRP's in the US for example

Jurassic Premium is $7599

Elvira Premium is $7999

------- so a $400USD difference and only 3 months apart and in Aud that is about $590 with today's exchange rate.

Then look at the Distributor's prices and both have not landed yet

Jurassic Premium is $11500

Elvira Premium is $13500

------- so a $2000 difference ----- so if you factored the $600 difference and the small amount of GST difference and a little more for fees and the hip pocket - I could understand $1000 increase but $2000 is alot for a $400 USD price increase in the MSRP

I would love one but not at $13.5k when in Dec 2018 (10 months ago) a Batman66 Premium was $10.5k from the same distributor.

screen-capture-7.thumb.jpg.8a2244786c1801a1b3fe756da729f9e7.jpg

Edited by swinks