Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 2 ~ Popeye (closes 29-Sep)

Spinach never tasted so good …

MGLXLI – Game 2 ~ Popeye

Nominated by gamers: @syscrusher and @Barra

ROM Set 106: Popeye Revision D

zgTBC6b.png

Game Story:

Olive, who stands or walks around at the top of the screen, tosses out hearts, musical notes or "HELP!" cries for Popeye to catch. He must chase after these items and collect them before they fall to the ground and break.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 29 September 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … Get Bluto …

Last played MGL28 in mid 2016.

DDrMjki.jpg

:049:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was the only Nintendo game at my local arcade, probably a bootleg board in a generic cab :lol

Settings must of been harder too, I don't remember ever getting past round 2 !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't upload pics "popeye_sz.png: Exceeds your quota by 14.22 MB" it's 26.4kb FFS

Oh well - that's nearly all my previous MGL pics gone :x

popeye_sz.png.58d14e4a06b6fec1703f07aeacf3c201.png

Hello everyone!

I came through OOO on the Cagtournament Discod.

I'm new here.

13,550 at the Popeye. I had never played before. It is a game that I would need to play several times to reach the game score.

I read that they are naming the games. I confess I'm a little lost.

0001.png.7099581f69ece56d1a336c71f54ca8a1.png

Hello everyone!

I'm new here.

13,550 at the Popeye. I had never played before. It is a game that I would need to play several times to reach the game score.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153430

Welcome! Game on!

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade

I think this was the only Nintendo game at my local arcade, probably a bootleg board in a generic cab :lol

Settings must of been harder too, I don't remember ever getting past round 2 !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't upload pics "popeye_sz.png: Exceeds your quota by 14.22 MB" it's 26.4kb FFS

Back in my arcade days, when Popeye came out, it was very popular. The quality of the cartoon graphics and how good it looked with great colour, just like the show, was entertaining to play. The game engine and the sets at that time, just like Cuphead today, were very good. Gamers loved it, and so did the operators!

:049: :049: :049: :049:

Very difficult game. There is an original cab for sale on this near me for $1k. Tempting.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/vgm/d/stratford-1982-nintendo-popeye-arcade/6971913388.html

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

When I opened your link just now it doesn't, and it says "This post is expired". Did you buy Popeye for 1K? :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone!

I'm new here.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153430

Danger, you are about to have a very good time in the MGL ... :lol

You'll find that many of the games will be new or pretty tough to play. Even @Barra has the same problem with Crush Roller, or even Bongo (!!!!) ... :rolleyes

So you'll do well if you keep at it and pick up some tips from your gaming friends. And if you found this place, you are not lost at all. 13,550 is a good start ... :023:

Guaranteed you'll double your score, if you want the guarantee.

Who is the character in your Avatar? (I can see the Space Invaders in the background.)

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH]153446[/ATTACH]

@bigredbird dusts off his cab, drops a coin, and hits Bluto for fun ... 77,970 points!

I like the bezel in your screenshot. That's me on the right, next to the spinach, I need to get some sun light ... :o

Back in my arcade days, when Popeye came out, it was very popular. The quality of the cartoon graphics and how good it looked with great colour, just like the show, was entertaining to play. The game engine and the sets at that time, just like Cuphead today, were very good. Gamers loved it, and so did the operators!

:049: :049: :049: :049:

Oh yeah, it was a popular title with my arcade too, it's a good game I considered including it in my Noms as I havn't played it for many years...

I better get a few tips of the guys, some very good scores coming in already :cool:

Pessimeister: 31, 350

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153467

Loved this game on C64! For all local players around Melbourne, Bartronica has a Popeye cabinet should you wish to get some practice on the real deal. Nice nomination!

Does Bartronica still have the Popeye pinball machine as well? That would be double the trouble!

- - - Updated - - -

That's weird ... @Brad

@SectionZ I'd say you're over your storage quota due to your membership status? They'll still be stored, you just cant see them

Brad

SectionZ mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that his inbox was full because he just noticed his allocation had been reduced from 200 -> 150. Now this issue with storage. Perhaps the status he is on has had some quota reductions?

Does Bartronica still have the Popeye pinball machine as well? That would be double the trouble!

I don't think so; although it may have gone to Pinball Paradise. The @Arcadinator would know more about it than me. :)

Pessimeister: 38, 230

0006.png.e8671d6bce64fd7d5be23c0563d486d6.png

Haven't quite managed to finish the third stage yet. I'm guessing syscrusher and Barra are going to go head to head on this game if the RetroUprising scores are anything to go by. :) http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=5991