Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 1 ~ 10 Yard Fight (closes 29-Sep)

Just had the best, most satisfying, favourite session ever of 10 Yard Fight.

[ATTACH]153676[/ATTACH]

Super LOL.

:lol

Instead of a Touchdown, you scored a Burndown.

In 1883, points were introduced to football, and a touchdown counted as four points. A goal after a touchdown also counted as four points. In 1889, the provision requiring the ball to actually be touched to the ground was removed. A touchdown was now scored by possessing the ball beyond the goal line.

In Rugby League and Rugby Union, they still use the "ball to actually be touched to the ground".

- - - Updated - - -

One of my alltime favourite arcade games, can't not play!

1st half super pros. an interception on the first play spelled a quick end.

@Brad should trounce this score if he puts his head down. (and pins the ears back, does the hard yards.)

I'm pretty happy with this score since i haven't powered my cab on in months.

https://i.postimg.cc/kGyPHbJt/10yd.jpg

Super opening score. In fact you take the lead.

:023:

- - - Updated - - -

Thought this was a new PB but a quick check showed I scored slightly higher back in MGL 22. Something to aim for I guess

Ohhhhhh YEAH!

BNSiKYW.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Even more fun to be had!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153663

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade

The New Jersey Generals are back playing football again ... 82,800 points. Nice improved score!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

2nd game unfortunately still on PC and keyboard with no leeching. 2nd half of Pro Team, still damn hard with keyboard.

Haven't played this game in so long but still love it. Unfortunately despite knowing strategies one of the good AND bad things about this game is that there is still a significant element of luck involved as you never know what formations you're going to face. Balance that with the timer and you also have to strategise whether you should go for the 10 yards in 1 hit or not.

Is the video I uploaded on how to play this still here somewhere?

Found it. Lucky I'm a hoarder ;) I've uploaded it to Youtube

10yard-brad-93550.png.a7ff06f9159a5671093ca4e9556821de.png

2nd game unfortunately still on PC and keyboard with no leeching. 2nd half of Pro Team, still damn hard with keyboard.

Harden up princess :P - real players use keyboard - I actually don't find this game hard on kb like others. I have a PCB which I bought ages ago but haven't plugged in yet, be interested to see if I actually do any better, I doubt I will.H

Love this game though, it's a classic.

Love this game though, it's a classic.

Agreed ... :024:

- - - Updated - - -

The first time I played it was the Nes version.

Do you think the Arcade version we are playing is better than the NES version?

- - - Updated - - -

PB by an absolute mile :)

Awesome improvement. Where will the scores go from here? Only better I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

John you take the lead in the playoffs. And the inp recording has been made ... :038:

One of my biggest frustrations in this game is how much time is lost waiting for the ref to run out and stop the clock!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

IKR - it's annoying as hell... You need to remember though, Walter is getting on in age, he probably doesn't run that fast these days :lol

Agreed ... :024:

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think the Arcade version we are playing is better than the NES version?

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome improvement. Where will the scores go from here? Only better I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

John you take the lead in the playoffs. And the inp recording has been made ... :038:

Yes. I think the arcade version is better because in Nes the sprites are very small. Hehe

@OOO

You missed my score off the latest update Paul - back on the previous page.

RichyS

Sorry Rich, when I saw your super improved score, the excitement made me forget to update the scoreboard ... :punish:

I'll update the scoreboard later today. Good to see everyone mashing the buttons and scoring!

- - - Updated - - -

Still rubbish at this but figured something out new to me, after watching Brad's video.

Good improvement Sean ... and thanks @Brad!

This is speculation rather than being a tip.

I've tried a few different things, including milking/leeching the first stage or two. If I rush stage 1 (first half), I'll generally have around 11,000-13,000 points, if I milk/leech, I can get over 25,000 pts - however, the game seems to get significantly harder.

I'm guessing that the difficulty of the game is not so much how many stages your play, but the actual time you've played or the score you are at. Seems like when you slow play to get more points, you are given harder formations to throw passes. Has anyone else found this?