Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 1 ~ 10 Yard Fight (closes 29-Sep)

New PB. 1 yard short of another 1st down but thanks to Walter taking forever to extract his head from Billy's arse, get up from the lotus position and wander onto the field the timer expired. The bloke really needs to remember his football refereeing duties :p

yard.png.bf37a7446f242a94c61026f1ec2d4eac.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New PB.

:023:

And even in this older age, you can still score new PBs. That's inspiring for all gamers.

:alien:

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone else found this?

Crickets so far John. Hopefully someone can surprise us all with some insight.

:031:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice improvement ... :033:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 10 of 17 ...

Does the game get harder if you try to maximize points in each football game?

ZN2Dk5Y.png

You can play Popeye in the same arcade.

:024:

Edited by OOO

This is speculation rather than being a tip.

I've tried a few different things, including milking/leeching the first stage or two. If I rush stage 1 (first half), I'll generally have around 11,000-13,000 points, if I milk/leech, I can get over 25,000 pts - however, the game seems to get significantly harder.

I'm guessing that the difficulty of the game is not so much how many stages your play, but the actual time you've played or the score you are at. Seems like when you slow play to get more points, you are given harder formations to throw passes. Has anyone else found this?

I'm not sure I've found this, i think defensive setups are random.

I haven't tried a leech game, or used the 'full length of the field goal kick' for a few extra k per team. If really going for points from the kickoff receive I'll run the ball back to my goal line for high school and college, and start the game from the goal line, only making 10yds each time before stepping out to stop the clock or just running into a tackle.

I agree with Brad luck plays a factor -I'd add that it really only matters in the later teams though. With the early teams it doesn't matter how they setup their defense, as there's much more time on the clock to run the ball if you're stuck for passing lanes. but with the pros and super pros getting easy passing defensive setups can give you a big advantage. Against the Super pros running the ball can be folly, with such a short clock to play with. And passing is always preferable to running given the 1K boost per completion.

I’m averaging about 13-15k per round which includes the Field Goal kick.

Haven’t really found that doing anything other than getting the touchdown slowly or quickly to change this.

I’m not sure the effort of leeching points is worth it given the time it takes to play this game.

I always got my quarters worth on this game because it takes me about 10-15 mins before I usually end.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I'm not sure I've found this, i think defensive setups are random.

I haven't tried a leech game, or used the 'full length of the field goal kick' for a few extra k per team. If really going for points from the kickoff receive I'll run the ball back to my goal line for high school and college, and start the game from the goal line, only making 10yds each time before stepping out to stop the clock or just running into a tackle.

I agree with Brad luck plays a factor -I'd add that it really only matters in the later teams though. With the early teams it doesn't matter how they setup their defense, as there's much more time on the clock to run the ball if you're stuck for passing lanes. but with the pros and super pros getting easy passing defensive setups can give you a big advantage. Against the Super pros running the ball can be folly, with such a short clock to play with. And passing is always preferable to running given the 1K boost per completion.

I suspect you are probably right. The 119k game though did have so many easy pro and super formations which is what made me thing. More playing needed though. I guess if the formations are 100% random, then the slower you play, the more formations you will see and therefore you will overall see harder formations.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not sure the effort of leeching points is worth it given the time it takes to play this game.

Heavy leeching does take time, probably doubles or triples the time to do a stage, moderate leeching - letting your receiver get caught after achieving 1st down is more than worth it. If you pass and make the 1st down, and get tackled straight away you are probably losing 2-3 seconds off the clock after you receive the 10 second bonus for making 1st down.

Wow, nice improvement. Canadian CFL is making a strong presence in the NFL. 93.5 K is a super score on this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 11 of 17.

Green 18, Omaha, Three Nineteen ...

gIiiN3Q.png

The defense is in disarray.

6 days to go until this game is closed.

FWIW I've tried various leeching tactics on this game and while I do think it can work, it is a game that can make it easily come undone and it's game over before you know it.

I am struggling to remember if leeching points is any/much better than getting a touchdown from kickoff (not that it is something that happens very often).

Edited by JustAnotherRat

53,650pts

I'd say I'm done but still only made it to the 2nd half of College. INP here.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154016

Are you sure? Almost finished the 2nd half! Nice improved score too.

:049:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 13 of 17 ...

10 yards can be so difficult. Especially with time running out on the game clock.

WFLjWeS.png

Only 4 days to go until this game is closed.

GO GO