Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 1 ~ 10 Yard Fight (closes 29-Sep)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is speculation rather than being a tip.

I've tried a few different things, including milking/leeching the first stage or two. If I rush stage 1 (first half), I'll generally have around 11,000-13,000 points, if I milk/leech, I can get over 25,000 pts - however, the game seems to get significantly harder.

I'm guessing that the difficulty of the game is not so much how many stages your play, but the actual time you've played or the score you are at. Seems like when you slow play to get more points, you are given harder formations to throw passes. Has anyone else found this?

I personally don't think this is the case.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Probably nothing further from me on 10 Yard Fight or Popeye before the cutoff time. Having issues with being sent back to desktop in mid game at random times and while it's possible to get back into MAME I've usually lost a life or in the case of 10 Yard Fight been tackled by then. I got thrown out of MAME 4 times in less than 10 minutes playing Black Tiger a few days ago. Imagine if this happens in the middle of a hail of bullets and enemies on Star Force. Not fun at all.

Running Wolf 106 (it's happened using wolf 166 as well on the same computer) on an old laptop (2011-2012) running Windows 7. The obvious solution is buy a new computer but I don't have $1000+ to spare right now or the knowledge required to buy the parts and build my own PC.

May be token submissions from me for the rest of this MGL unless I can sort this issue out

Probably nothing further from me on 10 Yard Fight or Popeye before the cutoff time. Having issues with being sent back to desktop in mid game at random times and while it's possible to get back into MAME I've usually lost a life or in the case of 10 Yard Fight been tackled by then. I got thrown out of MAME 4 times in less than 10 minutes playing Black Tiger a few days ago. Imagine if this happens in the middle of a hail of bullets and enemies on Star Force. Not fun at all.

Running Wolf 106 (it's happened using wolf 166 as well on the same computer) on an old laptop (2011-2012) running Windows 7. The obvious solution is buy a new computer but I don't have $1000+ to spare right now or the knowledge required to buy the parts and build my own PC.

May be token submissions from me for the rest of this MGL unless I can sort this issue out

Is the anti-virus causing the issue? Or perhaps a pop up from a service? I have had this happen to me a few times before, and I use 106 too.

My solution, make sure all other programs are closed and disable anti-virus if necessary. Then no problems for me.

:D

- - - Updated - - -

Got unbelievably lucky on 1st Super Pro Half with easy formations. They made up for it in second half though and never got across the line :(

Excellent score!

- - - Updated - - -

6.5 hours to go until this game is closed.

Plenty of time to win the Super Bowl.

:006:

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

RPhaiMs.png

10 Yard Fight proved to be a very tough challenge, where the CPU is good at tackling and intercepting passes. Plus the umpire takes his time to blow his whistle, and run down the clock!

DaLar, ILLSeaBass, John73, JustAnotherRat, Jed, BandontheRun, creech, Arcadinator, Ozfodder, {NW}Nike and Prow all played football like champions in the 93K to 126K zone. They took out 3rd to 13th place respectively. Everyone below these places would have experienced some very difficult defense formations that made higher scores quite difficult.

Brad played exceptionally well for 160,150 points to scrimmage into 2nd place. That’s excellent football. He also posted a tip video for gamers to improve their game, and missed out on the win by just 2,950 points.

Congratulations to Jason Vasiloff for winning the Super Bowl on 10 Yard Fight, with a mighty 163,100 points. Achieved on the last day, it was a close finish. Well played.

sbrpWLb.png

Black Tiger and Star Force are currently in play. Plenty of things to shoot at, and plenty of things to fight. The only problem is, the enemy shoots back and fights back. It’s fun times.

• 2 weeks later...