Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Firepower II

Williams FIREPOWER II

From 1984 by Mark Ritchie

Fully stripped and cleaned before Pinfest ‘18.

Metal parts hand polished.

New white Titan silicon rubbers.

Complete flipper upgrade to WPC style mechs with all new base plates, parts and coils.

New cabinet flipper switches.

New Ninja balls.

Mirror blades by @Railways.

New ribbed legs and chrome bolts.

New target decals from Noodleshirt.

Chroma Pinball coloured nuts.

Two light post LEDs tied into ball lock and ball release lights - looks cool.

Two playfield spotlights - very effective.

One LED strip under ramp.

Cabinet protectors.

Full led upgrade on playfield and backbox - I bought nice bright ones to make the game pop. A few non-ghosting were required to stop flicker. I used sunlight white for the whites as a good compromise between cool and warm.

New speaker (comes with original).

Incochnito Bridge Board installed.

Boardwork done by @skybeau - everything worked before this was done but didn’t want to take any chances before Pinfest.

Ken said the driverboard needed the most work, even though the 40 pin Female connector had already been replaced , all the other header connectors were filty dirty and needed replacing. He also put mosfets in the lamp section so the large resistors wouldn’t heat up anymore.

Work he did:

Powersupply board:

replace 1 x 18000uf capacitor , 2 x 100uf / 250 volt caps , 2 x 100uf / 100 volt caps , 1 x 100uf , 1 x 330uf , 2 x 4007 diodes , 1 x 15 pin header , 1 x 6 pin header , 2 x fuse clips , 1 x 2k resistor.

Cpu board:

replace 1 x 40 pin Male header , 1 x battery and holder , 1 x 9 pin header , clean and re-seat chips , 1 x 4148 diode.

Driverboard:

replace 8 x Irf9z32 mosfets , 12 x 9 pin headers , 1 x 100uf capacitor , 2 x Tip102 transistors , 8 x 0 ohm resistors , 1 x .01 capacitor (missing) , 1 x 4007 diode , clean up old repairs.

Sound board:

replace ALL electrolytic capacitors , re-solder header pins , clean and re-seat chips.

Flipper board:

replace 1 x bridge rectifier , 1 x 100uf / 250v capacitor, re-solder headers.

Has playfield wear at bonus multiplier inserts and general signs of ageing in playfield. It polished up well though and I’ve put a current generation German playfield protector over the top which makes it play fast, smooth and quietly.

Has one broken slingshot plastic which I’ve repaired.

Cabinet colours are good but has dings and signs of ageing. Headbox has a couple of chunks out of it. Neck has a few chips and was separated at the corner at some stage. I had to nail and glue it as I noticed it was a bit loose just before Pinfest.

All displays are fine.

Has a couple of German currency coin mechs.

Tilt ball in place and works.

Bell inside works.

Backglass is mirrored and very good for age. Has some touchups near the bulbs at the bottom. Still a 7.5/10 I reckon.

Has an original manual.

I have more pics if you need them.

$3500

[ATTACH]145847[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145848[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145849[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145850[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145851[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145852[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145853[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145854[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145855[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145856[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145857[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145858[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145859[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145860[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145861[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145862[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145863[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145864[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145865[/ATTACH][ATTACH]145870[/ATTACH]IMG_7197.thumb.JPG.0a41921d653b82d6281b8029f180de62.JPG[ATTACH]147098[/ATTACH][ATTACH]147099[/ATTACH][ATTACH]147101[/ATTACH][ATTACH]147102[/ATTACH][ATTACH]147101[/ATTACH][ATTACH]147103[/ATTACH]

Edited by 1.21 Gigawatts

Supercool game. Just had a great session on my Wild Texas which is a retheme of Firepower 2. Got 5 x bonus and ripped the spinner big time. Awesome sound package and bonus countdown.

Best of luck with the sale.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Supercool game. Just had a great session on my Wild Texas which is a retheme of Firepower 2. Got 5 x bonus and ripped the spinner big time. Awesome sound package and bonus countdown.

Best of luck with the sale.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Oh cool Rob. I saw that at the Pinball shed and didn’t know of it until then. Building that bonus multiplier is so exciting.

This was my favourite at Pinfest as well ... and fond memories of playing it back in the day. Would love to grab this as well but it'd be the last thing I'd ever do :redface ... "Hi honey, I've bought a new piece of furniture for our bedroom" HAHA not going there (if only I had some more room)

Firepower II

Thanks for the kind feedback guys. I’ve uploaded a video I made this arvo on my Aldi action cam. You get what you pay for - colours are quite muted and resolution not great. The sound is out of sync too but you get the idea. The 60FPS doesn’t play nicely with the 50hz LEDs either. The left ramp area doesn’t flash like that in real viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I’m taking this off the market for the time being as I’m still enjoying the game a lot and my heart tells me to keep it a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Hopefully Duncan I'll have some room to grab it the next time you put it up for sale

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...