Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bally 2.54mm pitch Female Housings Availability

Besides Molex, GPE, Mouser, Element14, Marco, PSPA, RTBB, Digikey, RS & Scondar......

does anyone know where to buy the all the 2.54mm pitch single row female housings so a Bally SS complete loom can be repinned with new housings.

GPE & Marco's doesn't have current stock of the 28 pin.

why do I need them? the loom has had every connector cut off.

no I don't want to use 2 of the 14's to make a 28.

I may just have to wait for stock to come in.

I'm not in a hurry hence putting I don't want to use 2 of the 14's.

Just putting it out there, hoping someone may have stock of these lying around, like yourself for instance ;) or someone may know of a supplier that I am not aware of.

Why not use multiple till you can find a replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been looking for the 28 pin molex connector as well. Apparently they aren't making them anymore so I have been told. If you do find a supplier I would be keen for some as well. I'm currently using multiple connectors but would prefer to use the 28 pin one.

sent from somewhere in the colony [emoji220]

Worth a look.

Works out a bit expensive tho.https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153308

Says under the pic parts maybe replaced with suitable substitute so you may well still end up with two 14 pin molex connectors.

sent from somewhere in the colony [emoji220]

After my inquiry to Ed from Great Plains Electronics he told me he is getting the 28 way housings custom made and requested them in white, but not to expect any in stock before December this year.

So looks like will be going with 2 x 14.

Looking at the 'suitable replacement' on the big daddy site for the MPU kit I noticed that a 28 way may be replaced with a 19 and an 8, but that adds up to 27.

Also with the other connectors in the kit.

This means you don't have the benefit/ease of placing the connector correctly and go without the keying plug.

I guess it comes down to personal choice of how you want your pin set up.

Edited by Rich