Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dr Who Pinball SCAM

Amigas

Georgeina Whelan <cleffm09@gmail.com>

12:02 PM (48 minutes ago)

to me

I appreciate your response, can you assure me I will not be disappointed buying this from you ?

What's the present condition and why are you selling it ?

Mark Blown <theblowns@gmail.com>

12:08 PM (42 minutes ago)

to Georgeina

Hi Georgeina

I'm am a collector retired aircraft engineer and have refurbished this machine you will not be disappointed any inspection will pass I'm selling the machine as I want to move it on I have 14 pinballs please call me on (Number removed) regards Mark Blown

Thank you , I'm happy to read back from you. I'm a member of the Australian defence force and our Australian personnel are also currently deployed to the Middle East Region for the Force Support Element (FSE) till August. I will not be able to meet you for inspection and collection, but I have a personal representative courier agent that will meet you for collection after payment has been made, the courier agent will also handle and sort all paper work or registration if needed on this purchase when they meet you for collection.

I cannot take calls or make one during this mission because it is prohibited, we are allowed to use internet facility only and I squeezed out time to search for the advert because I want the courier agent to deliver it to my new house in Riverton before my arrival. I am ready to make the payment so get back to me with the details below :

Account number:

BSB:

Name:

Final price:

That is all I need in order to make the payment through a secure online bank transfer from my bank to yours. I will transfer the money to your account and my personal representative courier agent will meet you for the collection and deliver it to my new house in Riverton after you confirmed the payment.

Best Regards

BIG Georgeina Whelan.

12:26 PM (26 minutes ago)

to Georgeina

Hi Georgeina,

Hey that's great Unfortunately, at the moment there are alot of scammers wanting bank details to deposit money for pinballs, then cleaning out peoples bank accounts.

I will only take cash in this particular situation of yours. Please transfer the money to your your trusted personal representative courier if this is a legitimate sale.

Happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Georgeina, I hope you understand this and I was also in the RAAF years ago.

Regards,

Mark Blown

Georgeina Whelan

12:29 PM (22 minutes ago)

to me

I can only make the payment through secure online bank transfer. I'm satisfied with the price I will be buying this for the price you have listed it for. I cannot pay with cash because it is not advisable taking cash around and I'm not available to meet you myself due to the nature of my work. I have arranged with courier agent that will meet you for pick-up and delivery after payment has been made. Thanks

12:33 PM (19 minutes ago)

to Georgeina

Hi Georgeina

This unfortunately is unsatisfactory, I will only in this situation accept cash Thank you

Mark

She is actually a real person impersonated by someone

http://www.usanz2017.com/speaker/brigadier-georgeina-whelan-csc-bar/

Dr Who Pinball SCAM

I got a message from “her” at the same time after posting my Airborne. It simply said, “Hi, can I have your email address”. Gumtree is like Mos Eisley - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

How does this scam work?

Do they just make off with the money from your savings account via your provided Account & BSB? I thought Australian banks verify your signature before allowing debits? although I guess there is still possibility for them to take money if they fake it or get you to give them a receipt with your signature on it.

How does this scam work?

Do they just make off with the money from your savings account via your provided Account & BSB? I thought Australian banks verify your signature before allowing debits? although I guess there is still possibility for them to take money if they fake it or get you to give them a receipt with your signature on it.

I believe that they place the cash into your account temporarily or pending pickup once the machine is taken the money gets cancelled or refunded as a claim, basically the machine gets picked up then the transaction is cancelled, your1ve lost the machine and the scammer still has his credit

I think just tell them as soon as the bank tells you it's cleared, it's ok. They can't do much with your bsb and acc if that's all you give. I could put mine right here and nobody could do anything with just that.

By the way I saw your add. Very tempting. Great condition. My wife would kill me though cause I just sprung a POTCLE on her.

:(

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

How does this scam work?

Common one at the moment is to eventually ask for your mobile number, then con the telco's into putting the service onto a sim card that they have. They then get into your bank account as they can get past the two factor authentication of some bank apps.

But even just name, acc, bsb gives scammers enough information to hit you with a legit looking phising email with your details on it. If you login they get your details and sit there with bank accounts they have access to, and they are accepting payments from phishing scams and then syphoning out to crypto before owner/bank realises. I have seen some of these guys also get access to emails, and redirect the outgoing emails that may have an invoice or similar on it. They change the banking details to an account like I mentioned and send the invoice on to the customer.

- - - Updated - - -

I think just tell them as soon as the bank tells you it's cleared, it's ok. They can't do much with your bsb and acc if that's all you give. I could put mine right here and nobody could do anything with just that.

By the way I saw your add. Very tempting. Great condition. My wife would kill me though cause I just sprung a POTCLE on her.

:(

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

it's a lot of social engineering these days, so it depends how "savvy" you are. They are still running these scams for a reason

They are also doing this with cars. Turning up to test drive the car, then saying they want to buy it. They then return stating the funds have been deposited into the sellers account. Seller checks and sees the money has been deposited but not yet cleared. Seller thinks, ok, all good and lets the car go. Then the buyer either reverses or cancels the transaction and the seller never sees the money.

There is obviously more to it but the scammers somehow do it like this.

Like what has been said, 'cash in king'.

Common one at the moment is to eventually ask for your mobile number, then con the telco's into putting the service onto a sim card that they have. They then get into your bank account as they can get past the two factor authentication of some bank apps.

But even just name, acc, bsb gives scammers enough information to hit you with a legit looking phising email with your details on it. If you login they get your details and sit there with bank accounts they have access to, and they are accepting payments from phishing scams and then syphoning out to crypto before owner/bank realises. I have seen some of these guys also get access to emails, and redirect the outgoing emails that may have an invoice or similar on it. They change the banking details to an account like I mentioned and send the invoice on to the customer.

- - - Updated - - -

it's a lot of social engineering these days, so it depends how "savvy" you are. They are still running these scams for a reason

Just happened to me 3 weeks ago. Email (gmail) intercepted between myself and my lawyer, bank account details changed midstream and $89,000 deposited into someone elses account. Got the account seized and the money was eventually returned. Police said it's a common scam.

I send invoices with my bank details on their everyday and my mobile number is posted on mt site, but i've never been hit like that to my knowledge and don't see how it could happen really.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the reasons I don't use apps.

• 6 months later...

A follow up

As a followup to this post. I received a similar email regarding a boat I was selling. I was a little suspicious of the reply and tried to checkout the email address. Notice that the email address is from the same sender cleffm09@gmail.com but this time the sender is posing as a male called Glen Braz. definitely a scammer:o.

To: Glen Braz <cleffm09@gmail.com>

Sorry but there are a lot of scammers looking for bank details to deposit money for such things as pinball machines and boats etc; then cleaning out peoples bank accounts.

BTW this communication has also been reported to gumtree and will also be forwarded to the ACC

On 23/10/2019 3:38 pm, Glen Braz wrote:

> I'm very happy to read back from you. I'm an air commodore personnel and currently at my son's place here in Exmouth-WA for his wedding ceremony coming soon. also I will not be able to meet you for inspection and collection because I will be here spending my leave with the new family till January 2020, but I have a personal representative courier agent that will meet you for collection after payment has been made.

>

> I cannot take calls or make one due to my ear barotrauma from my last air mission, I barely hear clear and my email is the best channel for me to communicate. I want the courier agent to deliver it to my new house in Exmouth-WA before my arrival. I am ready to make the payment so get back to me with the details below :

>

> Account number. BSB. Name. Final price:

>

> That is all I need in order to make the payment through a secure online bank transfer from my bank to yours. I will transfer the money to your account and my personal representative courier agent will meet you for the collection and dI am very keen to buy now, can you assure me I will not be disappointed buying this from you ?

>

> What's the present condition and why are you selling it ? eliver it to my new house in Exmouth-WA after you confirmed the payment.

>

> Best Regards

> AIRCDRE Glen Braz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Georgeina Whelan <cleffm09@gmail.com>

12:02 PM (48 minutes ago)

to me

I appreciate your response, can you assure me I will not be disappointed buying this from you ?

What's the present condition and why are you selling it ?

12:08 PM (42 minutes ago)

to Georgeina

Hi Georgeina

I'm am a collector retired aircraft engineer and have refurbished this machine you will not be disappointed any inspection will pass I'm selling the machine as I want to move it on I have 14 pinballs please call me on (Number removed) regards Mark Blown

Thank you , I'm happy to read back from you. I'm a member of the Australian defence force and our Australian personnel are also currently deployed to the Middle East Region for the Force Support Element (FSE) till August. I will not be able to meet you for inspection and collection, but I have a personal representative courier agent that will meet you for collection after payment has been made, the courier agent will also handle and sort all paper work or registration if needed on this purchase when they meet you for collection.

I cannot take calls or make one during this mission because it is prohibited, we are allowed to use internet facility only and I squeezed out time to search for the advert because I want the courier agent to deliver it to my new house in Riverton before my arrival. I am ready to make the payment so get back to me with the details below :

Account number:

BSB:

Name:

Final price:

That is all I need in order to make the payment through a secure online bank transfer from my bank to yours. I will transfer the money to your account and my personal representative courier agent will meet you for the collection and deliver it to my new house in Riverton after you confirmed the payment.

Best Regards

BIG Georgeina Whelan.

12:26 PM (26 minutes ago)

to Georgeina

Hi Georgeina,

Hey that's great Unfortunately, at the moment there are alot of scammers wanting bank details to deposit money for pinballs, then cleaning out peoples bank accounts.

I will only take cash in this particular situation of yours. Please transfer the money to your your trusted personal representative courier if this is a legitimate sale.

Happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Georgeina, I hope you understand this and I was also in the RAAF years ago.

Regards,

Mark Blown

Georgeina Whelan

12:29 PM (22 minutes ago)

to me

I can only make the payment through secure online bank transfer. I'm satisfied with the price I will be buying this for the price you have listed it for. I cannot pay with cash because it is not advisable taking cash around and I'm not available to meet you myself due to the nature of my work. I have arranged with courier agent that will meet you for pick-up and delivery after payment has been made. Thanks

12:33 PM (19 minutes ago)

to Georgeina

Hi Georgeina

This unfortunately is unsatisfactory, I will only in this situation accept cash Thank you

Mark

She is actually a real person impersonated by someone

http://www.usanz2017.com/speaker/brigadier-georgeina-whelan-csc-bar/