Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IFPA $1 fee for Australia, State Championships and IFPA State rep. nominations

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)

IFPA $1 fee for Australia, State Championships and IFPA State rep. nominations

Original post
    It has been almost two years since the IFPA first introduced the $1 per player per event fee, in the US and Canada, and it's time Australia joined as well.

I am sure there will be some who will not agree with this decision, however, if you want competitive pinball to grow and reward more players for their skill level, then this is a huge step forward for this and the continual growth of the IFPA in Australia.

The $1 fee for Australia will be in Aussie dollars and the majority of the money raised will be distributed back to the states for their state championships. A lesser portion will go toward the national events with a small portion going to the IFPA for processing fees. Percentage splits would likely be: State 75% / National 20% / IFPA processing fee 5%.

To assist with the State championships I am calling for IFPA state representatives for each state involved in IFPA endorsed events. These state reps will assist with organising initiatives and strategies to drive state events in their state that ultimately tie in with the Australian Championship Series amongst other ideas.

If you would like to nominate as a State representative or would like to nominate one of your peers (ensure they know and agree), please email me at ausifpa@gmail.com. If there are a few nominees in each state, then it will go to a ballot for that state.

Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions, would like to provide feedback or raise any concerns. I will try and respond in a timely manner.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the Tournament Directors and players who have helped advance competitive pinball in Australia over the years and who have brought us to the level we are at right now. Your continued effort to help grow competition pinball here and passion to develop the sport is appreciated.

Updated post
    All tournaments from 1 January 2020 in Australia will be submitted directly to the IFPA website for endorsement.

All Tournament Directors will have to open up an account explained in other posts so they can submit their fees.

When Tournament Directors submit their results to the IFPA website for review, the results will be approved and included to the rankings only when the money has been received.

You can have your account in credit to enable quicker uploads or pay when submitting your results.

IFPA website will be updated by 1 January 2020 with all the information on relation to the changes for Australia once finalised.

IFPA State representatives will also be listed on the IFPA website so players can contact them, similar to what is already up on the IFPA website for United States and Canada.
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/nacs/2019/reps.php

The AUD$1 (endorsement) fee per player will be introduced to all Australian IFPA tournaments so that the funds can be channelled back to the major tournaments to lift their status and their prize money.

Below is a link to the IFPA which explains in detail the endorsement fee already introduced in the United States and Canada.
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/2018-19-...-adjustment-2/

The link below explains how tournament directors in the United States and Canada submit their fees for the IFPA endorsed events they hold.
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/payment/#

Regards

Dan Robar
    IFPA Country Director (Australia)
    Last edited by Fair Dinkum Dan; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:42 AM.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Puts an end to me organising IFPA events. On a positive note, it means our event attendance by new local players will most likely start to increase quite a bit with the change away from IFPA. SA is Waaaay to light on for players for this stuff, in any event. Thanks, but no thanks.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    Puts an end to me organising IFPA events.
    Why is that, Ray?

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)

IFPA $1 fee for Australia, State Championships and IFPA State rep. nominations

I am supportive if that is what IFPA Oz wants to do. For me Iím not a fan of prize money generally bec it makes it more expensive for the causal player and itís a transfer from them to the top players. Iím all for growing the player base. $1 is neither here nor there, though.

Dan, roughly what do u think this will raise based on number of plays in the past year? I heard Josh say he was keen on the idea to raise the profile of pinball with the media. I donít think it will have this effect in Australia, the numbers are too low. So top prize for a tournament is $2K, will the media care when other events have million dollar prize money?

Totally in favour of IFPA getting some cash to cover costs and even pay Dan and Luke for their excellent work.
    Last edited by onetaste; 9th September 2019 at 10:34 AM.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2642 Post(s)
    250 for nsw
    Over 5k for qld
    940 for sa
    1750 for Vic

In 2018. Approx.

In the US they do a 75 state. 20 national split. 5 percent to ifpa.

I'm guessing those numbers would go down as there are events like PAX here that wouldn't work as an ifpa event. Random people Qualifying anyway. And I'm sure some qld events wouldn't be ifpa anymore either . But pinball would still continue to grow.

We would probably have state rankings inbuilt into ifpa profile which I think it's pretty cool.
    Imagine inviting a new person to a comp and then a week later showing them an ifpa profile where it says they are 80th in the state. It's a number they can work toward that isn't so overwhelming (if they are into that of course).

I'm happy to put my hand up to be VIC state rep but also willing to help/annoy anyone who is in that position.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    577 Post(s)
    Is the $1 fee for all players just built into the entry fee? So say you had a comp that cost $10 to enter would you then raise the price to $11 to enter or take $1 from the $10? Or is that up to the TD?

No problem with this. Think its a great idea, and it looks like it has worked over in the US (even after the initial grumblings)

Not going to be much coming from NSW though...

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2642 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nich2pat View Post
    Is the $1 fee for all players just built into the entry fee? So say you had a comp that cost $10 to enter would you then raise the price to $11 to enter or take $1 from the $10? Or is that up to the TD?

No problem with this. Think its a great idea, and it looks like it has worked over in the US (even after the initial grumblings)

Not going to be much coming from NSW though...
    It's up to the TD.
    A lot of places in the US has made the public venue (if being held there) pay for it.

"hey I'm bringing in over 1k on the bar on a Tuesday night... You pay the ifpa $40 fee"

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    I thought that $1 was already going to the IFPA?
    Has that been the case in some of the Brisvegas events?
    No problem with the $1 provided it predominantly stays in Australia...And it promotes pinball....
    Not as keen to have it as prize money as the winners just win more....
    Except when the overseas brigade turn up and clean up almost everything....Just like at The BM....lol

State
    Sunny Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    714 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAG View Post
    I thought that $1 was already going to the IFPA?
    Has that been the case in some of the Brisvegas events?
    No problem with the $1 provided it predominantly stays in Australia...And it promotes pinball....
    Not as keen to have it as prize money as the winners just win more....
    Except when the overseas brigade turn up and clean up almost everything....Just like at The BM....lol
    That $1 we are paying now goes towards QLD State Championship.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryza View Post
    I'm guessing those numbers would go down as there are events like PAX here that wouldn't work as an ifpa event. Random people Qualifying anyway.
    That's true and bittersweet to hear.

What got me into pinball was exactly that random walk-in into the tournament at PAX.

I met Martin, he said "you look keen, you should join in, it's free, and by the end of the day you'll be a world ranked pinball player". That was it, I was hooked.

And look at me today...

PS: I got nothing against the $1 fee, I fully intend to get it back

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information