Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: IFPA $1 fee for Australia, State Championships and IFPA State rep. nominations

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2030 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
    Hmmm I dont think I have it confused? But maybe I do?... I dont even know anymore.
    But on the previous page Dan did confirm that main comps will be charged $1 AUS and womens comps will be charged $1US.
    Sorry If I have caused confusion.
    I suggest you and @Fair Dinkum Dan do the rest over the phone because this thread is now going in circles. I think everybody can agree that often things can be misunderstood or misinterpreted in text.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade King View Post
    I suggest you and @Fair Dinkum Dan do the rest over the phone because this thread is now going in circles. I think everybody can agree that often things can be misunderstood or misinterpreted in text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Failure is not an option!

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Oh my heads in a spin

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    nsw
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicky View Post
    Oh my heads in a spin

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
    live between the flip and the tilt

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2030 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhank View Post

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)

Hey Jess, @DeMac, I appreciate that you are trying to make sense of it all and do understand your frustrations and all those who don't believe that this fee introduction will help grow pinball.

It is bizarre how the introduction of AUD$1 fee can have such a negative impact or reaction from people with so many reasons as to why it's not a good idea. A dollar! You pay at least double that to play one game of pinball.....

I don't expect everyone to be supportive or positive about it's introduction, but I also don't see anyone bringing up new initiatives or ways to move pinball forward and help compensate the platform that has helped showcase tournament play and player rankings. A small price to pay for administration while channeling extra funds to entice players to chase points and prize money.

The women's division with the introduction of the US$1 fee, I can't say I'm a fan of it in its current form. Compared to the open/main events, I really can't see any value in it for Australia or New Zealand at all. However, the IFPA plans to introduce it for 2020 and good luck to them. I can't blame Jess or any other "woman" outside of the United States, and possibly Canada, if they can't see value in the fee. I'm fine with the introduction of this fee just not in its current form.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair Dinkum Dan View Post

... A small price to pay for administration while channeling extra funds to entice players to chase points and prize money.
    I think this would all be much more reasonable if this part read something more like ;

"A small price to pay for administration while channeling extra funds to entice new players to play."

It would be in the interests of promoting pinball (the $1) if it were dedicated to Advertising and/or Venue (Larger, something that can accomodate public attendance)

... I'm a bit busy to write all I'd like to, there is more to it of course, but to me this is a core issue.

Prize money we already have is more than adequate. Sponsors can build on that if desired.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair Dinkum Dan View Post

The women's division with the introduction of the US$1 fee, I can't say I'm a fan of it in its current form. Compared to the open/main events, I really can't see any value in it for Australia or New Zealand at all. However, the IFPA plans to introduce it for 2020 and good luck to them. I can't blame Jess or any other "woman" outside of the United States, and possibly Canada, if they can't see value in the fee. I'm fine with the introduction of this fee just not in its current form.
    Ok so sorry if Im causing confusion to people but this is the second time Dan has mentioned in this thread that women's comps in Aus as of next year are going to have a fee of $1USD versus open/main comps in Aus of $1AUD so Im going to keep thinking this until otherwise?....

The main thing Im interested in I guess is this discrepancy that will be in place of next year for women attending IFPA Aus tournaments. Especially being the fact that one tournament can accrue $1aud for a women and then another can be $1.5aud (depending on exchange rate) for a woman if she chooses to participate in a women's only comp.
    I understand that this $1usd fee is not something IFPA Aus initiated however this is now this clear unequal balance in Australian tournament fess for women beginning as of next year.

Its great to hear Dan you also are not fond of the $1usd fee for women's tournaments. In terms of ideas or initiatives around this I wonder if IFPA Aus would consider speaking with some women players, TD's and people who access Australian women's pinball tournaments to get their thoughts? Perhaps putting a submission through to IFPA? For example as someone who runs women's tournaments, I cant honestly see myself running an IFPA Aus approved women's tournament next year knowing that those women will be paying that. And again, this is nothing to do with the cost, its not the main concern. We could submit some thoughts on how this US fee will greatly effect the women within the Australian pinball community and ultimately will probably effect women participating overall in main tournaments too?
    I mean this is just one idea. Im sure other women in the pinball community would have way better ideas. I mean look how long it freaking took me just to understand this...
    Or perhaps how can IFPA Aus support women's pinball tournaments that arent IFPA approved to avoid the extra gap? And is that something that they would want/or feel they should/need to do?
    Yeah heaps of thoughts on this for sure.
    Im not sure what you mean by "I cant say Im a fan of its current form" if you wish to elaborate on that. Perhaps there's also another pathway to look at things if you have ideas?
    Its almost the end of the year so it would be great to further discuss this before the fees roll out.

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
    Ok so sorry if Im causing confusion to people but this is the second time Dan has mentioned in this thread that women's comps in Aus as of next year are going to have a fee of $1USD versus open/main comps in Aus of $1AUD so Im going to keep thinking this until otherwise?....

The main thing Im interested in I guess is this discrepancy that will be in place of next year for women attending IFPA Aus tournaments. Especially being the fact that one tournament can accrue $1aud for a women and then another can be $1.5aud (depending on exchange rate) for a woman if she chooses to participate in a women's only comp.
    I understand that this $1usd fee is not something IFPA Aus initiated however this is now this clear unequal balance in Australian tournament fess for women beginning as of next year.

Its great to hear Dan you also are not fond of the $1usd fee for women's tournaments. In terms of ideas or initiatives around this I wonder if IFPA Aus would consider speaking with some women players, TD's and people who access Australian women's pinball tournaments to get their thoughts? Perhaps putting a submission through to IFPA? For example as someone who runs women's tournaments, I cant honestly see myself running an IFPA Aus approved women's tournament next year knowing that those women will be paying that. And again, this is nothing to do with the cost, its not the main concern. We could submit some thoughts on how this US fee will greatly effect the women within the Australian pinball community and ultimately will probably effect women participating overall in main tournaments too?
    I mean this is just one idea. Im sure other women in the pinball community would have way better ideas. I mean look how long it freaking took me just to understand this...
    Or perhaps how can IFPA Aus support women's pinball tournaments that arent IFPA approved to avoid the extra gap? And is that something that they would want/or feel they should/need to do?
    Yeah heaps of thoughts on this for sure.
    Im not sure what you mean by "I cant say Im a fan of its current form" if you wish to elaborate on that. Perhaps there's also another pathway to look at things if you have ideas?
    Its almost the end of the year so it would be great to further discuss this before the fees roll out.
    Surely there is a loophole where you can just organise the tournaments under the regular AUS IFPA framework.... thereby paying AU$1 just like everyone else....

I personally see no reason for there being a specific womens division. There is no advantage or disadvantage for women in pinball.... unless you don't call slide saving cheating, then there might be slight physical advantages. I thought the world was trying to be less sexist, and more inclusive. But there you go.

I would be at the same disadvantage as women in the way that I refuse to cheat the game by slide saving... mostly because of destruction of peoples games.

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmaen View Post
    Agree with this mostly.

The money raised should be spent both in fostering development and retention, but some retention requires there to be bigger comps to turn up to.

A good mix means more column a's move to column b, and we have more time for newer column a's.

For those that don't want to be involved in IFPA comps have plenty of options. We have houseballs, Nic Noben ran the selfie league and I'd like to see that back in some scale/capacity, venues can run non-ifpa comps or pinball training days.

I put my hand up, and I'm very open to it being multiple people in Queensland because we just have so many players in great distances.
    Column whats?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onetaste View Post
    Yes, I got the joke, thought it was pretty cool; dancing on the edge, tho. Thatís what makes things funny, playing at the edge, creating tension, sometimes it rubs people up the wrong way. Thatís the nature of comedy.
    Some might find it funny. Maybe because of their age bracket and lack of right from wrong.
    Baiting people for fun is like saying you are that Charles wanker that said the BM would not be any good without G, etc...
    Grow up goose

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information