Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Whats in your Restoration Queue ?

My ongoing Fantasy world involves .....

ESB (disassembled - misplaced bits scattered about since 2014.)

DE Batman - Have never looked at it beside battery removal (2015)

EM - purchase - perfect but never plugged in due to lack of space . Maybe 2 years ago .

Play a full game on last years restored game.

Spend at least one hour fixing minor problems on most of the other disabled machines

Plug in Arcade machine , if it works , play a game in next month.

Ignore all of the above - continue to enjoy Batman66 and save up for next stern purchase !

- - - Updated - - -

Played my High Hand a couple of weeks ago (just to see if needs some work / love ) (it didn't ) .

just couldn't stop playing it . Just has that one more game feel to it. Classic.

Edited by pinthing

• Administrators

Great idea for a thread.:unbenannt

MY LIST.....

-- Stern Meteor ground up rebuild (Waiting for playfield)

-- Judged Dredd cab redecal and overall cab repairs

-- Other games just need a day on them to get them back up to speed

Don't forget to put your restore threads up on AA people. I have had discussions with menbers who get sepf conscious that they are putting up the same process just onn a different machine, nut believe me that oter members will click and read the thread no matter how similar it seems to the last. I guess we all jsut love seeing pinballs restored to their former glory!

Wow guys .. there are a lot of projects in the pipeline .. hopefully we have a lot of resto threads to look forward to over the next couple of years.. I'll be keen to see

Geoff's Playboy .. (I thought you sold that @Railways ?)

You are correct Dave. Sold a playboy some 3 years ago and now have another one:rolleyes

Among some of the games in my collection awaiting a rebuild is Meteor. I noticed a few members are in a similar position with their Meteor. Are you guys interested in combining shipping to save some money? I have a number of others to come from CPR once the Meteor playfields are ready. Delivery to you via Bill once they arrive. If you're interested please send me a PM and we can take it from there.

Great idea for a thread.:unbenannt

MY LIST.....

-- Stern Meteor ground up rebuild (Waiting for playfield)

-- Judged Dredd cab redecal and overall cab repairs

-- Other games just need a day on them to get them back up to speed

Don't forget to put your restore threads up on AA people. I have had discussions with menbers who get sepf conscious that they are putting up the same process just onn a different machine, nut believe me that oter members will click and read the thread no matter how similar it seems to the last. I guess we all jsut love seeing pinballs restored to their former glory!

I'd love to share all my projects more.

But honestly the off beat comments drag me down and put me off doing it on AA. Maybe I should put them.in a quasi for sale thread where no one can reply!

Things like..that's not a true restore you are just buying new bits and bolting them on, .

or the factory had over spray these new spray perfect cabs are stupid. Its off putting and and comes from old regulars.

Just my 2cents and why I don't list projects as much anymore.

But honestly the off beat comments drag me down and put me off doing it on AA. Maybe I should put them.in a quasi for sale thread where no one can reply!

Things like..that's not a true restore you are just buying new bits and bolting them on, .

or the factory had over spray these new spray perfect cabs are stupid. Its off putting and and comes from old regulars.

I almost gave up on posting up my restos because it seemed like only one or two people even interested at times, but then I thought if I can even inspire one person to attempt their own restoration project it was worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost gave up on posting up my restos because it seemed like only one or two people even interested at times, but then I thought if I can even inspire one person to attempt their own restoration project it was worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The resto threads are the best part of the site. I don't comment often but will always read a new post.

I have got a Meteor 1/3 finished in the shed at moment. Thinking of buying a fulling working pin next, that will be a novelty. And looking for a nice Fireball 2 playfield so I can fix up my first pin.

I love any resto thread and some of the machines you guys turn out are far better than the factory did originally. Some of the attention to detail is truly amazing. Some are not exactly as they were as @KJS mentioned, they are better. Comments are just part of putting your work out for all to see. Look at the viewed meter on your thread to see how popular it is.

My resto queue of my own games;

Buck Rogers; fix the r/h flipper before it goes to Pinfest!!

Pinball Pool; finish the bastard, Cab was done six years ago!! Playfield to be completed (will be my first go at clear coating.. wish me luck)!!

Stern Galaxy; playfield restore and repair sound board

Stern Hot hand; total restoration

Stern Cosmic Princess; currently set up and playable just some cosmetic work and fine tuning

Wms Stellar Wars; playfield resto and some backglass work

Jacks Open; total restoration

Hoping to get all of these done some time before i die :lol

Paying customers games have to come first though.. in that queue currently i have;

Black Hole cabinet/backbox resto (completed waiting to be picked up)

King Pin total resto; currently being reassembled/doing backglass work

Spiderman (Gtb); total basket case full resto!!

Dodge City; playfield off being clearcoated by the customer, full mechanical resto

Wms Line Drive (pitch & bat); full resto

Among some of the games in my collection awaiting a rebuild is Meteor. I noticed a few members are in a similar position with their Meteor. Are you guys interested in combining shipping to save some money? I have a number of others to come from CPR once the Meteor playfields are ready. Delivery to you via Bill once they arrive. If you're interested please send me a PM and we can take it from there.

Meteor also in my queue, seems a popular one. PM sent aboit playfield.

great thread idea, although it brings to reality how far behind I am with my projects.

Powering through my HS2 build, will create a resto thread once done.

in the queue is:-

SoF cabinet rebuild and re-stencil.

F-14 rebuild, really looking forward to this one, poor thing is a little sad at the moment.

Centigrade 37 refurb, I think it's at least complete as far as parts wise... will be interesting.

Volcano rebuild, might need extensive cabinet works, make it so it is electrically safe (lol) and work out what to do as far as back glass goes.

This might end up being, make it safe, working and then move it on.

Would love to get to:-

Flip-a-card P-roc conversion..... (no head-box or head-box electronics).

Another 90's B/W conversion (would make it no. 4).

Like others, I don't really post progress or build threads, limited photo storage is what holds me back and I am usually busy doing rather than snapping. My bad.

I have left the images from previous builds on here though, whether they ever get a glance or not.

Sometimes to get re-motivated to get stuck into the current project I go down to the games room and have a few games on past projects and know... it is really worth the effort. The outcome, experience and enjoyment of the process is I guess why we do it.

• Administrators

I would be interested in sharing shipping for sure.

We would get hit with GST regardless now so we may as well save some shipping. Please send me any details if you think you can make it work!

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

That's a shams Kurt, the only looser in this instance is AA.

I would say bugger them and post the thread as I think the pinball community on the whole prospers with more of this kind of content.

Sadly no site is immune from negative comments.

Dave

Kurt, remember there is only one EM.

And thats f@ck EM.

If they don't like it.

It's the pineapple LED for them.

From behind, the back board.

Show them them what you got.

The work you pump out is next level.

Sometimes common-sense is not too common.

He who stands on the shoulders of the giant can see further than the giant.

If you don't have something nice to say, shut the F@ck up.

George.

Have a nice day. It's only pinball. Cancer is a bitch, not pinball. Pinball is fun.

Love you all.

• 4 months later...

The CPR Meteor playfields are done and they are working their way through the pre-order list contacting people for payment in the order they received interest.

Is anyone still wanting to buy a playfield? If so, did you register your interest with CPR? I'm hoping to organise an Australian group purchase as mentioned above. If you registered your interest with CPR, please send me a PM.

• Like 2