Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb El Dorado

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so seeing the pic with all the cam switches removed and the cam wheel still in place.......is that's why the switches are are all off because you decided to leave it in place?

hope you took plenty of pics.

if you decide to keep the score reels, using a bit of spit/saliva on the end of cotton buds has worked for me.

i have found the latter of Gottlieb ink on the reels is different than earlier ones, meaning you can clean lightly, ever so lightly with say a glass cleaner.

you might try the least used number, say a nine on the 10 thousands reel to test, again with care.

Be very careful if you clean the reels. Whatever ink Gottlieb used is not very resistant to liquids.

I've heard a piece of white bread works well to clean them, but I've never tried it.

must try that next time.. I have lost ink before but just touched up with a black sharpie

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

so seeing the pic with all the cam switches removed and the cam wheel still in place.......is that's why the switches are are all off because you decided to leave it in place?

hope you took plenty of pics.

if you decide to keep the score reels, using a bit of spit/saliva on the end of cotton buds has worked for me.

i have found the latter of Gottlieb ink on the reels is different than earlier ones, meaning you can clean lightly, ever so lightly with say a glass cleaner.

you might try the least used number, say a nine on the 10 thousands reel to test, again with care.

Couldn't get the cam wheel off the shaft.

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

I have put everything back together. Before I pull the game to bits and repaint the cab I want to get it working at least to start a game.

Ok. I have adjusted and cleaned things and now the game will go thru the reset sequence. The hold relay is bypassed at the moment. The NO contacts are soldered together. I put a coin in and the s relay does its thing. The scorereels reset. Ball count now goes back to zero. Targets reset. A relay does its thing as it is meant to but when the ball is placed in the outsole nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the machine doesn’t know that a game has been started yet , try to turn the score motor manually by hand through the door hole a few times to see if a ball gets thrown into the shooter lane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Jesse. Do you have a Schematic?

Check that you have continuity on all power lugs of all coils.

Check that 0 position switch is closed on ball count unit.

If the above 2 tests are ok then I think you will need a schematic to fault find futher.

I have the Schematic for this game.

Not sure if you have seen this yet Jesse but it does have some good pointers on EM’s

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep that is a great reference Rob that I have used to help me learn the mystery of EM's back in the days when I was on a steep learning curve[emoji4]