Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sega Lindbergh Restore Questions

I have a single player Sega Lindbergh cab that I’m converting to 2 player. I have managed to get a 2L12B control panel and player 2 harnesses.

Wondering what joystick this is already installed and what would be a suitable coin mech for the unit. Any help would be..... helpful! :)

Cab

f360b0c211d555554fd52dc476c875eb.jpg

Coin Mech Area

6449cc49f2aaed915ce8ca9c60961b65.jpg

Exisiting control panel and joystick

b7d545f45df58d39fbfbdfd037dd8119.jpg9ce37cc6a2994fc9cdb669889ad708d5.jpg

Looks like a Sanwa Joystick, maybe a JLF.

If you're interested, the marquee you have is from a Namco Noir clone, or a Namco Noir. It is mounted too high on the back of the cab. I have the same one mounted on my cab and if you like I can show you how I mounted it lower down so it looks like a proper Lindbergh marquee. The marquee is supposed to sit flush with the top of the monitor, rather than being elevated.

I'll snap a photo tonight of what it looks like from the front, but I can't get at the back of the cabinet due to shit being in the way.

Basically, the metal mount bracket for the marquee needs to have 4 new holes drilled in it, as the current holes do not match the holes in the Lindbergh Cab. Also, because it is too high, you also need to drill holes in the back of the Lindbergh cab monitor mount. There is a steel plate on the back that supports the monitor, it's just thin steel and easy to drill through. What I did (well, what my dad helped me do, as I suck with tools) was to drill 4 new holes into the marquee mount and then line those 4 holes up and then mark where to drill on the Lindbergh cab.

We drilled the holes and then inserted threaded rivet nuts using one of these tools. https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/toolpro-toolpro-rivet-nut-tool/523129.html

The rivet nuts create a threaded hole that you can then put a bolt into to support the marquee. It ended up looking really good and you'd never know it was not original unless you looked at the back mounting plate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought these sticks for it as the existing stick i had didnt fit or have a plate. Jasen panel the plate holes are setup vertically instead of horizontally like the 1 player panel I had.

https://www.austinamusements.com.au/joysticks/sanwa/sanwa-jlf-tp-8yt-joystick.html

Thanks Dave. Are you happy with the Jasen’s Customs panel? Is the silver behind the “mesh” look a shiny finish like the Lindbergh graphics on the rest of the cab, or is it just grey?