Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Strobing Metallica

Any one have any clues on this?

On and off this has been happening for months... Not my machine, but I'd love to be able to suggest a fix to the op so I can play Metallica (or the machine next to it) without feeling ill.

Tends to stop during sparky, when I feel like it should strobe.

Edited by ajfclark

Yep there is a plug under the playfield you need to reseat I found a write up on Pinside about it when it was happening to me. Also reseat cables in headbox that connect to the playfield. Mine would still occasionally do it and then i would reseat and it would go away. Now it hasnt happened in about 500 plays touch wood.

- - - Updated - - -

If you send me your mobile i will take a picture of the plug and send you a photo next time i am in my shed later tonight.

What i did was reseat the plug behind the black capacitor on the first photo and i reseated the plug that connects the head box to the playfield on the second picture.

It would go away and then come back on occasions then one day it stopped completely. @pinball god and @ajfclark

- - - Updated - - -

@Glenn70 thanks mate must update my phone one day

I messed around with mine for ages to get it reliable, for me i removed the three pin plug with the red & black wires, hot wiped a layer of solder onto the header pins to make them a bit thicker, re crimped the wires in the connector & this seemed to work, i cable tied the data cable on the support rail from moving around 1st but that didn't fix it. so you just have to try a few things out & hopefully you'll sort it out.

Thanks guys who give it a try. I just to make sure ve my fh cab from in front of met to get at it.

- - - Updated - - -

What i did was reseat the plug behind the black capacitor on the first photo and i reseated the plug that connects the head box to the playfield on the second picture.

It would go away and then come back on occasions then one day it stopped completely. @pinball god and @ajfclark

- - - Updated - - -

@Glenn70 thanks mate must update my phone one day

which plug on the side fond photo. What colours or j#

Turn down led brightness in the settings. When you put strong LEDs it happens. Happened in AcDC for me. Lower percentage by 10...problem solved. @RPZ taught me!

Thanks to @Ryza, forgot to mention it at Argonauts but this simple adjustment may have solved the strobing for me.

UPDATE: Maybe not

Edited by pinball god

• 11 months later...

Aa been a little quiet but my strobing has been stable at 40% gi intensity. But I want the game to be brighter. So found a bridge rectifier inside the bottom left of the backbox. It's not on a pcb but on the side of the backbox. It has spade connections. I simply reseated these and the strobing us stable at 70% intensity.

I'm also told to replace it with a higher rated one. Once thus virus shit is over, I'll investigate this option

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...