Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

I think i've been scammed

Hey guys.

has anyone here been scammed in a Pinball deal before? I deposited $1500 to buy a machine off a seller i'd previously bought a machine from - its now been about 2 months in which he hasn't replied to a text or answered a call. he reads the texts though.

I know this guys name, what he looks like, his bank details & he knows some well known people in the Coin Op industry. As far as I know he is not part of the forums or pinball groups on facebook. At this point i don't care if i don't get the games but i would like my money back.

Just after any feedback from people who have dealt with something similar and the best plan of action, cheers

I assume you can't just confront him in person at his premises? If you have exhausted all avenues to get your money refunded you are in your rights to say the next step is to report to the police. Naturally it would be good to know all the information but understand you probably can't do that publicly.

If he's well known in Coin-op that sounds like he possibly runs a coin-op business of some kind? In any case if he he is well known it should be too hard to find someone who knows his whereabouts.

My phone tells me when he has read the texts and leaves a time stamp next to it

He lives in Sydney the only thing I don’t have is his address

If you have previously bought a machine off him before how did you get it picked up wouldn’t you need his address and other details as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did you originally find this guys contact?

You’d bought from them before. How

Did the machine get to you? Someone must have picked it up.

A police investigation can get the address based on the phone number (if nots not a burner sim) but they wouldn’t be able to tell you what it is (otherwise you may take matters into your own hands).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of read receipt on a phone text?

Iphones have a thing called imessage which uses the internet for texting and you get notifications of a message being READ, DELIVERED etc.

The persons name is Darren Crealy,

i bought a batman dark knight off him which he claimed he had on location at an NRMA resort in NSW. i found this guy off gumtree last year. He claimed to be a customer of AMD, when i asked AMD they confirmed this for me.

@Rob1966 - i didn't need his address, he took it to a depot and it arrived at my local Kent removalist in Townsville.

The plot thickens - i finally received a phone call TODAY from the number i had been texting for the last 2 months - he claims his phone was missing and someone else was using it, knows nothing of pinball and doesn't know who darren is.

i think that he probably chucked his mate on the phone & together they came up with this random story. last year he was using another phone number which i have on my phone - i didn't think much of someone changing over a phone number though, but now its obvious it was a burner.

On my instagram app, i can 'discover' people's accounts that are connected to phone numbers.

54799847_1469200219877931_6413610625154416640_n.jpg.fd1b52e1c36e750c153e1e40a0066fb4.jpg

this links the phone number to a person named darren crealy which is a good start. he's easy to find on FB as well

54421985_1606575022778849_5571857972134412288_n.jpg.7fb9285569668ae68d3f52acbfe94f37.jpg

The persons name is Darren Crealy,

i bought a batman dark knight off him which he claimed he had on location at an NRMA resort in NSW. i found this guy off gumtree last year. He claimed to be a customer of AMD, when i asked AMD they confirmed this for me.

@Rob1966 - i didn't need his address, he took it to a depot and it arrived at my local Kent removalist in Townsville.

The plot thickens - i finally received a phone call TODAY from the number i had been texting for the last 2 months - he claims his phone was missing and someone else was using it, knows nothing of pinball and doesn't know who darren is.

i think that he probably chucked his mate on the phone & together they came up with this random story. last year he was using another phone number which i have on my phone - i didn't think much of someone changing over a phone number though, but now its obvious it was a burner.

On my instagram app, i can 'discover' people's accounts that are connected to phone numbers.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145155

this links the phone number to a person named darren crealy which is a good start. he's easy to find on FB as well

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145156

So does that mean that he is denying knowing anything about selling you a machine or receiving any money off you?

@Rob1966 - whoever called me claims to have no idea about anything and reckons his phone was missing meaning and this darren guy must have sent the texts and made the calls on his phone. its very hard to believe.

I think it is now time to get the police involved in some way.

I had cops involved recently with some stuff of mine i suspected was hocked at a local pawn shop from a break in from November.

Only details I had was one item listed on report (other i forgot due to sheer amount and mental stress)

Cops were really good and had it sorted fast. Def go have a chat to them

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145155

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145156

THIS... is why I don't do social media :lol

Edit: Sorry, not laughing at your circumstance. :(

go to police. BTW what will you do if the batman you purchased was stolen?

last year i even went as far as ringing around to NRMA resorts in NSW until i found the one he had his sited at. they confirmed he was the games guy there. with him being known by AMD i thought he was legit - i'll do whatever needs to be done with the machine if it turns out stolen

last year i even went as far as ringing around to NRMA resorts in NSW until i found the one he had his sited at. they confirmed he was the games guy there. with him being known by AMD i thought he was legit - i'll do whatever needs to be done with the machine if it turns out stolen

Sounds like that game is legit which is a relief. Hate for you to be ripped twice