Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Point Blank 2 wiring confusion

Grimlock

Question

Hi all,

I just received guns, pcbs, wiring and IO board from @bwodie (10 thumbs up buddy)

I have pb1 and pb2 pcbs and unfortunately the 15 pin molex that goes to J2 on IO board for pb2 is different to the other pb1 15 pin molex, and I am a bit confused/scared to plug the pb2 molex into the io board because pin 3 from pb2 is an earth (Right Plug in photo), whereas the pb1 pin 3 is a 12v!!!! (Left Plug) All schematics I have seen say that the left plug is correct across pb 1, 2, 3

From everything I have read over the internet these 2 pcbs and IO are supposedly the same wire for wire identical, but mine are not. :o

Also, it looks like I cannot use the pb1 molex loom because it is different again from the pb2 loom

Pictures added to hopefully help clarify.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

2 answers to this question

I'd just rebuild the harnesses. I have gotten a bunch of arcade light guns in, and generally they are splice job conversions.

The best advice is to start from scratch. Source the connectors, and make new harnesses. Follow the pinout and go from there.

If the schematics say they are identical across all three games, and one of your harnesses is sending 5V and Ground to the wrong pins, I'd just start fresh.

Also good pickup! I love all three of these games. Have them all on PS1 and that's the only reason I haven't picked them up as pcb's