Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rygar Cocktail Cabinet technical help.

Frankenegger

Question

Hi guys and gals,

I'm brand new here and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have hobbyist level programming and electronics knowledge and this is my first ever arcade machine. I would love to learn how to go about trouble shooting the board to get this thing back up and running again.

Here's my situation:

I have a Rygar Cocktail Cabinet that is playable (sort of) and the sounds seam to be working fine while playing. Buttons and Joystick work (at least for player 1). I think that one sprite is still working but as for the rest I have know idea.

I would love any advice on where to begin?? :)

Here are some pics of the machine and the screen with the sprites that still work.

rygar-24.jpg rygar-15.jpg rygar-9.jpg

rygar-22.jpg rygar-1.jpg rygar-11.jpg

rygar-10.jpg rygar-21.jpg rygar-23.jpg

rygar-2.jpg rygar-18.jpg rygar-6.jpg

rygar-12.jpg rygar-8.jpg Rygar-1-2.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

1 answer to this question

To troubleshoot a PCB you'll need a logic probe at very least, do you have one? If not Jaycar have them in kit form for about $15 and the case is 3D printed or for around $50 you can order an off the the shelf one.

I'd start by checking the 6116 RAMs for the sprites as well as the outputs on the Fujitsu chips LS157 and LS273.

I see a track repair (jumper between 2 IC's - pic 12) in one of the pics, make sure that is done properly as it doesn't look like a clean repair. Also check for cracked/broken tracks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rygar+repair+log&oq=rygar+repair+log&aqs=chrome..69i57.5247j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I have a working Rygar PCB that I'm happy to part with if you put it in the too hard basket.