Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball lift

Sgtmax

Hey guys,

Bought a new hydraulic lift from hare and forbes. The standard red one for moving my pins around. They now come with a handbrake instead of a foot pedal.. Really inconvenient for pins as you cant take the handle off now, I could probably only file it down..

Does anyone know any other decent hydraulic lifters that don't cost a large amount?

Thanks

IMG_3052.thumb.jpg.30371add3a0686b5112c11cc7fa9efdd.jpg

Even with part of the handle there, their is still a big chance that the weight of the pin will be forward heavy. Depends on the games a bit. What era of titles are you thinking of moving around?. Some are very heavy at the rear.

Even with part of the handle there, their is still a big chance that the weight of the pin will be forward heavy. Depends on the games a bit. What era of titles are you thinking of moving around?. Some are very heavy at the rear.

I made another top section to mimic the angle of the underneath of a machine. Better for lifting up the pins and maybe keeps them at a better angle (for sturdiness) ...................standby for pics!

.............Must run out to garage in jocks with phone in hand!

I made another top section to mimic the angle of the underneath of a machine. Better for lifting up the pins and maybe keeps them at a better angle (for sturdiness) ...................standby for pics!

.............Must run out to garage in jocks with phone in hand!

If you have too:redface

Streaker alert , aisle 12

Is there a heavier pin than the hobbit? I’ve moved that with this lifter quite a few times without any issue (both with legs on and off).

Ive found the surface is big enough to get decent weight distribution. I will concede that I have had the trolly pop a wheelie while starting to lift but it’s pretty rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a heavier pin than the hobbit? I’ve moved that with this lifter quite a few times without any issue (both with legs on and off).

Ive found the surface is big enough to get decent weight distribution. I will concede that I have had the trolly pop a wheelie while starting to lift but it’s pretty rare.

Heaviest machines I think would be any of the 70s wide bodies. Genie, Stellar Wars, Gottlieb's Circus was pretty ridiculous although some EMs 4 players are even though they are normal body machines. A lot of copper in those machines.

I just went through the same thing when my 4 year old hare and forbes jo48 literally fell over and died.

I was not keen on the newer handle style so I found something very similar to the jo48 with the release foot pedal still at the bottom, so you don't need the handle at all. - https://www.gasweld.com.au/index.php/hydraulic-scissor-lift-226kg-740mm-lift-height-table-colour-blue-710mmx440mm

It cost me $265 plus $16 delivery.

Mine only arrived two days ago. I'm not sure if I'm just getting older / weaker, but it does feel a bit heavier and maybe a tad bigger than the last one. I did check it out on arrival and I can confirm it does fit under a pin and will lift it high enough to roll it around.

Yes I think so.

Not given Hercules as winner but bugger me haunted house and Black Hole would be to me the heaviest BAR a pinball 2000 like RFM or SWEP1 with the original monitor.

OK. I purchased the LT500 from 'Hare & Forbes Machinery House' instead of the more commonly purchased LT226. The reason was this........

IMG_3085.thumb.jpg.9366744ce43222363082586273e6bb57.jpg

The LT500 is normally $341 but I got $50 off because I spent over $300, that brings it down to $291.

If I had purchased the LT226, I would've only got $20 off bringing it down to $266.

So for the extra $25, I got the next model up. I just couldn't justify spending $500 or even $600 on the much better ones.

The LT500 has a bigger table (810mm long x 500mm wide) for better stability of my machines as @Railways indicated. The LT226 is still very good but a little smaller at 710mm long x 440mm wide.

Due to the extra width (trolley I am talking about fella's, trolley), I have placed adhesive velcro along the sides to protect the legs as the 500mm wide trolley just slips through them.

I cut the handle down as @Koops mentioned and also shortened the length of the release cable (but this was an absolute prick of a job). I made a timber platform to replicate the angle of my pins (The new Sterns are slightly more horizontal than the MM but very similar), and I used liquid nails to stick the carpet tiles on top to protect the underneath of my babies. I also placed a small velcro square on the foot pedal so it wouldn't keep hitting the frame of the trolley.

Now, just before I took the pics, I ran along the short path to the garage only to put my bare right foot into a soft and reasonably fresh dog turd that my 12 yr old deaf and blind Shar-pei dog had kindly left for me. Well, you can imagine what the neighbours heard. Damn dog must have thought the concrete path was it's usual grass crap hole. So after a foot bath and scrub I managed to snap some pics.

Hope this post helps someone to modify a lifter trolley as they are really great for pins.

Now, I'm off to bed!

IMG_3074.thumb.jpg.b1fc325495f0c52e4e0e0aa13ded14ab.jpgIMG_3075.thumb.jpg.5aacc3368326fb1cbaf3d938b13d0342.jpgIMG_3076.thumb.jpg.7729b6dd9a0b1b73ba53ad0a97a0238b.jpgIMG_3078.thumb.jpg.a8b1a1d9ea2ff4b955a41fc576e2f39e.jpgIMG_3079.thumb.jpg.263f2e1d3adf9144f18e88719b07b6ba.jpgIMG_3083.thumb.jpg.1c3b1ae87e33a2ebe256b3efa2b42079.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The only downside to the LT500 is its weight at 63kg. The LT226 weighs 44kg. But I guess the load capacity makes up for it.

OK. I purchased the LT500 from 'Hare & Forbes Machinery House' instead of the more commonly purchased LT226. The reason was this........

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144915

The LT500 is normally $341 but I got $50 off because I spent over $300, that brings it down to $291.

If I had purchased the LT226, I would've only got $20 off bringing it down to $266.

So for the extra $25, I got the next model up. I just couldn't justify spending $500 or even $600 on the much better ones.

The LT500 has a bigger table (810mm long x 500mm wide) for better stability of my machines as @Railways indicated. The LT226 is still very good but a little smaller at 710mm long x 440mm wide.

Due to the extra width (trolley I am talking about fella's, trolley), I have placed adhesive velcro along the sides to protect the legs as the 500mm wide trolley just slips through them.

I cut the handle down as @Koops mentioned and also shortened the length of the release cable (but this was an absolute prick of a job). I made a timber platform to replicate the angle of my pins (The new Sterns are slightly more horizontal than the MM but very similar), and I used liquid nails to stick the carpet tiles on top to protect the underneath of my babies. I also placed a small velcro square on the foot pedal so it wouldn't keep hitting the frame of the trolley.

Now, just before I took the pics, I ran along the short path to the garage only to put my bare right foot into a soft and reasonably fresh dog turd that my 12 yr old deaf and blind Shar-pei dog had kindly left for me. Well, you can imagine what the neighbours heard. Damn dog must have thought the concrete path was it's usual grass crap hole. So after a foot bath and scrub I managed to snap some pics.

Hope this post helps someone to modify a lifter trolley as they are really great for pins.

Now, I'm off to bed!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144916https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144917https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144918https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144919https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144920https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144921

- - - Updated - - -

The only downside to the LT500 is its weight at 63kg. The LT226 weighs 44kg. But I guess the load capacity makes up for it.

Thankyou for your effort :lol

Pinball lift

Looool! “Shit” we do for pinball :)

Very nice mods.

After struggling with those little wheeled things and even other smaller pairs of wheels style lifters a trolly is a no brainer.

I like the smaller one as I can flip it on its side to fit it and a pin in the same car.

Edited by Koops

I modified mine so the handle could still be used, found these brackets at bunnings tek screwed them on so that acts as a a hinge and a bar across the handle to activate the foot pedal, works a treat and no getting down on hands and knees, just another idea [emoji16]20190322_083111.thumb.jpeg.a2847e444e25f50eb9a250fd8c27b115.jpeg20190322_083130.thumb.jpeg.b22fb6fb0b9c81857e53d679f1ad8a64.jpeg20190322_084129.thumb.jpeg.850e5ac8c2b4794b00ccbd051cf54886.jpeg928984954_15532062196562.thumb.jpeg.f1a5a3c83972d36e9b31cd60e3247308.jpeg

Hey guys,

Bought a new hydraulic lift from hare and forbes. The standard red one for moving my pins around. They now come with a handbrake instead of a foot pedal.. Really inconvenient for pins as you cant take the handle off now, I could probably only file it down..

Does anyone know any other decent hydraulic lifters that don't cost a large amount?

Thanks

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144905

OK, so all this is very true, differing weights crap handle positions, blah blah blah

My question is how many years does it take before the horrendous smell disappears from that crappy chinese rubber mat???

Mine has seen weeks outside in the sun & rain and is now at least 8 months old and smells like a prune and prawn milkshake that has been left in the sun for a week or so...

Pinball lift

OK, so all this is very true, differing weights crap handle positions, blah blah blah

My question is how many years does it take before the horrendous smell disappears from that crappy chinese rubber mat???

Mine has seen weeks outside in the sun & rain and is now at least 8 months old and smells like a prune and prawn milkshake that has been left in the sun for a week or so...

The solution to that problem is easy. Bin it and replace with something else.

Root cause is cheaper rubber. They took rubber from fairly early in the processing line and that is closer its natural unprocessed smell (still around 10% of what it starts like!)

You probably haven’t smelt something as bad as what you get at a rubber factory. That’s my family’s business, my dad referred to it as the “smell of money” but it smelt more like dead rotting corpses to me.

It's all good...I hear you loud and clear...

I've been doing commercial floorcoverings for 29.5 years and have done my fair share of Gyms

I don't use the mat as I have used 15mm impact tiles left over from a job.

Just like my mix n match carpet tiles in the garage. It has a tetris style and look...

Left overs can be great...

I just went through the same thing when my 4 year old hare and forbes jo48 literally fell over and died.

I was not keen on the newer handle style so I found something very similar to the jo48 with the release foot pedal still at the bottom, so you don't need the handle at all. - https://www.gasweld.com.au/index.php/hydraulic-scissor-lift-226kg-740mm-lift-height-table-colour-blue-710mmx440mm

It cost me $265 plus $16 delivery.

Mine only arrived two days ago. I'm not sure if I'm just getting older / weaker, but it does feel a bit heavier and maybe a tad bigger than the last one. I did check it out on arrival and I can confirm it does fit under a pin and will lift it high enough to roll it around.

UPDATE: After rechecking the measurements and weight of the above trolley, it turns out the dimensions advertised 710 x 440mm and 44kg listed on the website were wrong. The actually trolley that was delivered turns out to be 810L x 500mmW and weighs 63kg (looks like the equivalent of the Hare and Forbes LT500 - but with foot release pedal). While this trolley will handle up to 500kg and will just fit between a pin's legs and work fine, I regularly need to transport my trolley to various locations and the additional weight makes it much more difficult to lift in and out of vans / carry up stairs etc, so I've opted to return this one and and look at another option.