Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New issues with playfields surface....

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1351 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blue95 View Post
    Something like Homepin's overlay system might be an option in the future if they can't get the modern materials to work
    Rather accept the current problems with clear coats than substitute for that type of artwork overlay. The only place for that is in the reproduction world of restorations. Besides light doesn't diffuse through as effectively as a proper jeweled diffused insert.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    996 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotty View Post
    Rather accept the current problems with clear coats than substitute for that type of artwork overlay. The only place for that is in the reproduction world of restorations. Besides light doesn't diffuse through as effectively as a proper jeweled diffused insert.
    And it looks shit. And a bugger to get rid of ball trails

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue95 View Post
    Something like Homepin's overlay system might be an option in the future if they can't get the modern materials to work
    This is what I came to the thread to say I have two games I use playfield protectors on and one I don't, I can't tell the difference in ball roll. Get the protectors dialled with artwork printed on them then make the playfields out of sheet metal, sell the games with a spare protector to be installed after 20,000 games when it wears out.

Problem solved forever
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Lake Macquarie NSW
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Are people here holding off buying new machines at the present, until there is some sort of confirmation the playfield issues have been fixed? Or are you still buying them and either not bothered by the issues, or simply just taking a chance on the machine?

Has anyone received a repro playfield from Mirco recently since these issues have arisen, that can confirm there are no issues with the clear? I am reading so many mixed reports on Pinside..

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Just buy them and play them.

State
    Lake Macquarie NSW
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pinball Shed View Post
    Just buy them and play them.
    Yeah.... Nah.. Not at 13k+ or any price for that matter

I know they are not "museum pieces" but come on seriously

State
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Are people here holding off buying new machines at the present, until there is some sort of confirmation the playfield issues have been fixed? Or are you still buying them and either not bothered by the issues, or simply just taking a chance on the machine?

Has anyone received a repro playfield from Mirco recently since these issues have arisen, that can confirm there are no issues with the clear? I am reading so many mixed reports on Pinside..
    Yeah im holding off on Jurassic park because of the issue just waiting to see what happens

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I have recently bought a Star Trek pro final voyage and iron maiden premium, both need new playfields, my distributor has agreed to give my money back but we’ve both decided to wait and see if stern are going to come up with some sort of resolve. I really want these two titles in my line up. I had planned to buy a Munsters pro and Elvira premium but not until the machines I already have are sorted. Hugely disappointing. My advice to anyone buying a new stern is wait until they can make quality machines again. Splitting cabinets, node board problems, playfields crapping out! And we keep buying them??

State
    Lake Macquarie NSW
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfigures View Post
    I have recently bought a Star Trek pro final voyage and iron maiden premium, both need new playfields, my distributor has agreed to give my money back but we’ve both decided to wait and see if stern are going to come up with some sort of resolve. I really want these two titles in my line up. I had planned to buy a Munsters pro and Elvira premium but not until the machines I already have are sorted. Hugely disappointing. My advice to anyone buying a new stern is wait until they can make quality machines again. Splitting cabinets, node board problems, playfields crapping out! And we keep buying them??
    Mate sorry to hear, at least your distributor has agreed to give your money back, that is pretty huge in itself.

Can i ask what playfield issues your machines have in particular, do you have any pics?

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information