Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sourcing a DK repro to build.

I'm wondering can anyone recommend a source for a precut 'flat pack' style DK cab source... Preferably in Brisbane or alteast SE Qld.

But if shipping isn't a killer I'd look interstate if necessary.

I got a hankering to start a DK cab project and with no access to a CnC I thought maybe there's a recommended source for the parts precut ready to start the project with.

Also could consider an unfinished project depending on state and cost.

Any leads would be much appreciated thx.

(Pic for attention)1566775936653.jpeg.d037c432a67dccd53721b34a98880f46.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I am after a DK cab flatpack too

Hey guys - Mad coincidence. I'm after a DK cab (or flatpack) too!

I checked out ArcadeWorx as per the above links. The shape's beautiful, however the colours don't look to be the same blue used on the DK cabs.

I'd be keen to know if the colour can be recreated as close to the original DK blue as much as possible by AW, with black on internal panels + control panel

Pretty much after one just like these, but hopefully not from all the way over in Georgia :)

http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1213/new-nintendo-blue-upright-cabinet.htm

Always hard considering our geography i know, but if anyone knows if AW can accommodate the colour - mate, i'd order one tonight.

Thanks! First post ever on AA done!

I checked out ArcadeWorx as per the above links. The shape's beautiful, however the colours don't look to be the same blue used on the DK cabs.

I'd be keen to know if the colour can be recreated as close to the original DK blue as much as possible by AW, with black on internal panels + control panel

Pretty much after one just like these, but hopefully not from all the way over in Georgia :)

http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1213/new-nintendo-blue-upright-cabinet.htm

Always hard considering our geography i know, but if anyone knows if AW can accommodate the colour - mate, i'd order one tonight.

Talk to @zanderzone first

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I am after a DK cab flatpack too

http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1213/new...ht-cabinet.htm

Hey mate got mine from Arcadeworx would highly recommend them, the colour is just the pic used it comes to you unpainted.

This is my build from start of last year

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/arcade/video-and-electromechanical-arcade-restoration-forum/video-arcade-restorations-and-projects/93392-donkey-kong-replica-build

• Like 1

@Kaizen thanks mate, I have been looking at the colour codes for the cab and I think I have got it. But I will definitely ask the question. Thanks for that!

@-Slayer- Thanks for the tip matey!! My order was placed with Rob at ArcadeWorx in November.

He's been pretty amazing with the small details, not to mention very patient with me answering my dumb questions plus providing him the dimensions and pictures of my CRT that's going into the cab. He is building a frame for the CRT to sit in custom, so can't wait to see the finished product once it arrives

My journey starts with this little project very soon...

By the way - you have done an incredible job on your repro cab, I am in awe!! I hope I can achieve a finished product even half as nice as that!

I will hope to put something up showing my progress.

Thanks again

@Kaizen thanks mate, I have been looking at the colour codes for the cab and I think I have got it. But I will definitely ask the question. Thanks for that!

@-Slayer- Thanks for the tip matey!! My order was placed with Rob at ArcadeWorx in November.

He's been pretty amazing with the small details, not to mention very patient with me answering my dumb questions plus providing him the dimensions and pictures of my CRT that's going into the cab. He is building a frame for the CRT to sit in custom, so can't wait to see the finished product once it arrives

My journey starts with this little project very soon...

By the way - you have done an incredible job on your repro cab, I am in awe!! I hope I can achieve a finished product even half as nice as that!

I will hope to put something up showing my progress.

Thanks again

Thanks mate appreciate the kind words, look forward to seeing your project come together. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. All the best.