Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pandoras box pause function

iroczvinnie

Question

So I've been using the pandoras box 6 arcade JAMMA version for a few weeks now and it working well.

Only thing I can't figure out is how to activate the pause game function. I have turned the function on in the setup menu (and checked that it is on), but can't work out how to activate it when in a game.

The instructions are clear for most of the functions, but not this.

Anyone know how to pause a game?

3 answers to this question

• Administrators

A quick google found this :unsure

Q: What is the coin button for?

A: when the console is on free play, this is the pause fuction, when the console is not on free play, this is normal coin function. insert coins.

A: when the console is on free play, this is the pause fuction, when the console is not on free play, this is normal coin function. insert coins.

Thanks Brad - I think it could be my cab wiring?

Although it was a cab that spent it's life on site, it doesn't have a coin button. The coin mechanism works, (when not in free play, it adds credits) but putting a coin through on free play doesn't pause. I thought it would send the same signal as a coin button, but maybe not?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Brad - I think it could be my cab wiring?

Although it was a cab that spent it's life on site, it doesn't have a coin button. The coin mechanism works, (when not in free play, it adds credits) but putting a coin through on free play doesn't pause. I thought it would send the same signal as a coin button, but maybe not?

Coin switch is maybe not what is required. It may be the service switch. The Pandoras have two coin inputs and a service switch input.

I suspect you need to try using the service switch input to pause. The difference between a coin switch and a service switch is a coin switch advances the coin meters where as a service switch does not. That is why they use different inputs on the board.